- Recommended for people like this
- Overview of Audiosense AQ4
- Build quality
- Sound quality
- General comment
- Purchase Link
- This review is written based on a "private purchase" or "product rented for a price".
- No remuneration or compensation, such as a manuscript fee, has been received for publishing this, and it is an honest evaluation based on measurement data from personal testing and personal opinion.
Recommended for people like this
- People who want to enjoy deep bass range
- People who value vocals
- People who want to enjoy the feeling of being enveloped
- People who want a massive sound
- People who want a sense of immersion
Overview of Audiosense AQ4
- Total Score: 7.9 / 10.0
- Package: 8.5 / 10.0
- Build quality: 8.0 / 10.0
- Fitment: 8.5 / 10.0
- High range: 6.5 / 10.0
- Mid range: 6.5 / 10.0
- Low range: 9.5 / 10.0
- Less distortion: 8.0 / 10.0
- Want to see the score ranking? Click here!
- Frequency response: 20Hz to 22kHz
- Impedance: 10Ω
- Sensitivity: 101dB/mW
- Cable connector: mmcx
The packaging of the AQ4 is an environmentally friendly paper design that is easy to dispose of. The contents are also luxurious and include a number of eartips and a luxurious lined carrying case.
The accessories are relatively complete. There are enough eartips.
- Audiosense AQ4
- Eartips (silicone and foam)
- Carrying pouch
- User's manual
The exterior build quality is up to the standard of the price range.
The fit to the ear is relatively good.
REW Frequency Response
Sound quality description
In this review, I use the standard earphone (black shaft) size L and drive it with the FiiO M15.
The Audiosense AQ4 has a full sound with a raised midrange. However, because the high midrange is suppressed, the overall emphasis is on the low midrange, and the low frequencies tend to be more prominent.
Please see here for detailed reviews on sound quality.
Sound quality general comment
The Audiosense AQ4 was officially stated to be the successor or evolution of the excellent AQ3. However, in reality, it is a completely different product, with barely a glimpse of the famous AQ3 except in the low frequency range.
Among the Audiosense models, the DT200, another famous model, is the closest to the sound of the famous AQ3, and the AQ4 is a heretic on the sidelines.
Sound quality features
- Large vocal sound image
- Deep low frequencies
- Elegant and calm
- Mild and low stimulation high frequency
- Excellent sense of volume
- Adequate focus on midrange
- Excellent sense of presence
- High sense of immersion
- A sense of envelopment
- Lack of consistency in sound image
- Inconsistent localization
- Lack of sense of construction
- Lack of high frequency extension
If you are aware of the fame of the AudioSense AQ3 and intend to buy it hoping that the AudioSense AQ4 will produce such a sound, you should reconsider now. In that case, you will have to buy the DT200. And if you want to know the true appeal of the AudioSense brand, you should buy the DT100, DT300, or DT600 earphones that will delight audiophiles to the bone in the same price range.