- Recommended for people like this
- Overview of GRADO RS2e
- Build quality
- Sound quality
- General comment
- Purchase link
- This review is written based on a "private purchase" or "product rented for a price".
- No remuneration or compensation, such as a manuscript fee, has been received for publishing this, and it is an honest evaluation based on measurement data from personal testing and personal opinion.
Recommended for people like this
- People who like inner ear type with less pressure
- People who want AirPods but think they're too expensive
- People who like warm and comfortable sound
- People who want a low-latency gaming mode
Overview of GRADO RS2e
- Total Score: 8.4 / 10.0
- Package: 7.5 / 10.0
- Build quality: 8.5 / 10.0
- Fit: 8.5 / 10.0
- High range: 9.5 / 10.0
- Mid range: 9.0 / 10.0
- Low range: 8.0 / 10.0
- Less distortion: 8.0 / 10.0
- Frequency response: 20Hz to 28kHz
- Impedance: 32Ω
- Sensitivity: 98.8dB/mW
Features of GRADO RS2e
The RS2e is the little brother of the RS1e, with a new and lighter design that brings together the best of GRADO's unique woodworking techniques to create a simply beautiful and satisfying result.
- New driver unit design
- Increased housing mass for a more speedy sound
- New UHPLC oxygen-free copper wire is used for the voice coil and cable.
- A new mahogany material is used for the housing, and the machining method has been redesigned. The overall sound quality has been optimized.
- 44mm diameter diaphragm and 8-core UHPLC oxygen-free copper wire
The GRADO RS2e comes in a simple package that is unique to GRADO.
There is no shortage of accessories. The package contains the following:
- GRADO RS2e
- Cable for 3.5mm plug
- 3.5 mm to 6.35 mm conversion plug
The build quality of the GRADO RS2e meets the price standard.
The earcups are flexible and rotatable, allowing for single ear monitoring.
The fit is good. The open design allows for good ventilation and a little less stuffy.
In general, GRADO RS2e is quite faithful to the free sound field flat, and you can expect high fidelity of the original sound. The overall staging is good, and the sound field sounds wide and open, allowing you to enjoy music in a spontaneous and energetic way.
Please see here for detailed reviews on sound quality.
Sound quality general comment
- Original sound fidelity: S-
- Recommendation: S-
- Personal preference: S
The GRADO RS2e headphones have the energetic high frequency range typical of GRADO, making rock, pop and Jazz sound fun and dynamic.
The sound field is wide and three-dimensional, with a gorgeous, glossy sound that is highly immersive and makes music come alive and fresh.
There are some parts that have a strong sense of extrusion, and some parts that are loud and flashy, and the sound has its own quirks, but perhaps because of the open-type design, it is not so tiring to listen to.
If you want to enjoy electric guitars in an upbeat atmosphere, this is a relatively recommended model in this price range. Personally, I like the sound of this model.
Sound quality features
- Three-dimensional sound
- Wide sound field with a sense of depth
- Structured and well-defined
- High fidelity of original sound
- High dynamics
- Good detail
- Good attack
- Shallow low frequency
- Metallic sound
- High-pitched sound
- Unnatural localization
GRADO RS2e is a headphone that has a well-balanced sound with free sound field flatness in mind. These headphones have a wide sound field with a sense of depth and a glossy, lively, energetic sound that will make rock and pop music come alive and fun. It's no wonder they are considered the reference for GRADO sound.