- About unique wearing method
- Sound Quality
- Recording signature
- Final Verdict
- Recommended articles
Do you know this strange shaped eartip? LIZER LAB JIJU is an eartip with a wonderful sound field expression realized by advanced acoustic technology. However, it is known only to audiophiles who really know its value due to its incomprehensible shape, unique wearing feeling, and incomprehensible usage. If you're not an audiophile, you'll rarely know about this eartip.
JIJU is not properly understood by audiophiles, and it is sometimes treated as an inferior item, and due to the difficulty of its usage, it is treated like an occult item. However, it is difficult to understand the essence immediately because the real technology that leads the times is far beyond common sense. Furthermore, many unidentified discourses will fly around it, making the real image cloudy and making it even more difficult to approach. But now the time has come for the veil to be stripped.
In the case of JIJU, you can fully understand that it is difficult to purchase at a high price as an ear tip. But I know this product really has a fascinating appeal to all audiophiles and I know there is a "sound of truth" in it, so I strongly feel that's all I need to tell you in this article.
What I want to achieve in this article is that it provides a strong basis so that sincere audiophiles who know the value of this product can be reasonably convinced when they talk about this incredible audio item.
About unique wearing method
The method of mounting JIJU is unique. Also, depending on the earphones, the effect may not work well. It is officially mentioned that it does not work well with earphones that have vent holes behind them, and it will not produce the appropriate effect, so please check the position of the vent hole of the earphone you want to wear carefully.
There is a manual for the installation, so please refer to it in detail for installation.
- SAMURA HATS Type3500RHR System: HEAD & TORSO, left and right S-Type ear model (Type4565 / 4566: IEC60268-7 compliant)
- AWA type 6162 711 ear simulator
- Microphone preamplifier: Type4053
- Type5050 microphone amplifier power supply
- Audio interface: ROLAND Rubix 24
- Analyzer software: TypeDSSF3-L
*Due to the response of the ear simulator, the reliability below 20hz and above 16khz is not high.
- [Reecho AET07 M attached] Separate left and right
- [Reecho AET07 M attached] Average left and right
- [Reecho AET07 M attached] Separate left and right (free sound field corrected)
- [Reecho AET07 M attached] Left-right average (free sound field corrected)
- [JIJU S attached] Separate left and right
- [JIJU S attached] Average left and right
- [JIJU S attached] Separate left and right (free sound field corrected)
- [JIJU S attached] Left-right average (free sound field corrected)
- Comparison (free sound field corrected)
- Comparison (free sound field corrected/2khz-24khz)
This time, considering the characteristics and usage of JIJU, we adopted Reecho x Peacock Spring as a test machine. This model has relatively flat sound and has a vent hole in the front. It's just my experience, but I think that the effect of JIJU can be felt more appropriately by selecting flat earphones in terms of sound quality.
There are some interesting points about the changes in frequency characteristics, and it is possible to talk about them, but it would be faster to listen to the sound than to do such a troublesome thing. Recording signatures are available. Please enjoy the sound without explanation.
Especially, in order to make it easy to understand the change in the sound field brought about by JIJU, we have made comparisons between classic sound sources and sound track sound sources. As you can see, there is a big change in dynamics, and there is a big difference in the sense of grandness, majesty, and depth of the rise of the sound in the classical sound source.
Please refer to the following for the basic principles of recording signatures and how to enjoy them.
The recording signature is posted for advisory. Free sound field adjustment is added. The source is KANN CUBE and the gain setting is high.
The music used in the recording signature is from the game maker Nippon Falcom, which I love.
Sophisticated Fight / The Legend of Heroes: Sora No Kiseki FC Evolution Original Sound Track / Copyright © Nihon Falcom Corporation
ユルギナイツヨサ / The Legend of Heroes : Zero No Kiseki Super Arrange Version / Copyright © Nihon Falcom Corporation
- Sophisticated Fight / We Love Sora No Kiseki / Copyright © Nihon Falcom Corporation
- FEENA / イース ピアノコレクション / Copyright © Nihon Falcom Corporation
For fans of classical music who love the dynamics of sound and for those who like big band Jazz, JIJU is a magical ear tip that has the potential to transform your earphones into a high-end portable speaker set. It is unique in terms of usability, does not feel comfortable to wear, and is not suitable for everyone. But with the right use of this product, you can be sure that it will outperform the price. You can obtain the same improvement in dynamics as if you replace it with a higher-grade DAP or amplifier.