- Recommended for people like this
- Overview of Open Audio Mercury 2.0 (Pre-final)
- Features of Open Audio Mercury
- Build quality
- Sound quality
- Sound quality features
- General comment
- Purchase link
- This review is written based on samples lent by Open Audio to give readers an honest quality review.
- No remuneration or compensation, such as a manuscript fee, has been received for publishing this, and it is an honest evaluation based on measurement data from personal testing and personal opinion.
Recommended for people like this
- People who value low-frequency depth
- People who value sparkle
- People who want to listen to erotic vocals or guitar
- People who are looking for well-balanced earphones
Overview of Open Audio Mercury 2.0 (Pre-final)
- Total Score: 9.4 / 10.0
- Package: 7.5 / 10.0
- Build quality: 8.5 / 10.0
- Fitment: 9.0 / 10.0
- High range: 9.5 / 10.0
- Mid range: 10.5 / 10.0
- Low range: 10.0 / 10.0
- Less distortion: 7.5 / 10.0
- Cost Performance Bonus: 12.5/10.0
- Want to see the score ranking? Click here!
- Frequency response: 5Hz to 40kHz
- Impedance: 8Ω
- Sensitivity: 110dB
- Cable connector: 0.78mm 2pin
Features of Open Audio Mercury
- 5-driver hybrid configuration
- 9.2mm PU soft-suspended dynamic driver
- 4 balanced armature-type drivers
- Comfortable fit
- 3-channel, 3-frequency split
Authentic high-resolution experience with hybrid drivers
The Open Audio Mercury features a five-driver hybrid setup with four 9.2mm PU dynamic drivers and four custom-tuned balanced armature drivers per side. These drivers are arranged in a 3-way frequency crossover that generates low frequencies with the dynamic drivers, mid frequencies with the dual BA units, and high frequencies with the dual BA units.
Rich and lively sound tuning
Open Audio's flagship IEM, the Mercury, is professionally tuned and tuned to reproduce a natural, lifelike sound. It reproduces extremely clear sound across a wide frequency range, with outstanding vocal quality. A professional 3-way frequency crossover ensures extremely low distortion of the output signal.
Innovative new design with QuickSand Technology
Open Audio has created the beautiful shell of the Mercury IEM with its innovative Quick Sand technology. Each unit undergoes a complex process that results in a unique texture and elegant finish. In addition, the shape of the cavity is adjusted based on vast amounts of earhole data to provide a comfortable and secure fit for users around the world.
High-quality genuine cables
Open Audio Alkaid comes bundled with a brand new, high quality cable. This cable is an 8-conductor high-purity OCC cable. This cable optimizes sound performance and ensures an authentic experience for the user.
The one we borrowed from the manufacturer is not the official package, so we give it a rating of 7.5.
The full version comes in a luxurious package. Please see the unboxing video embedded at the beginning of this article for more details.
- Open Audio Mercury 2.0
- Cleaning cloth
- Carrying case
Build quality meets price standard.
The faceplate is beautiful.
The fit is good.
REW Frequency Response
Sound quality description
In this review, I use the standard eartips size L and drive it with the FiiO M15.
Open Audio Mercury 2.0 has a signature sound balance that is nearly neutral.
Please see here for detailed reviews on sound quality.
Sound quality general comment
Mercury 2.0 is an improved version of the original model in terms of sound quality, with improved resolution and original fidelity. It retains the harmonic rich midrange ambience of the original, but brings it more to the forefront, improving it to sound more HiFi-like and contemporary, improving on its basic quality.
On the other hand, the retro ambience of the original Mercury has been weakened a bit, and your evaluation may vary depending on how you feel about that.
Sound quality features
- Rich sound with lots of incidental sounds
- Erotic vocals
- Proper focus on midrange
- Deep bass
- Nostalgic sound with good contour extension and a sense of human skin
- Good balance
- Precise texture
- Comfortable to listen to
- Rich harmonics
- Good fidelity
- lacking in clearness
The Open Audio Mercury 2.0 that I am reviewing is a pre-final, almost final version, although the sound quality is slightly different from the production version. Open Audio Mercury 2.0 is already available for order and can be purchased through the amazon.co.jp or mercari link below. Please note that other purchase locations may not have 2.0.