- Recommended for people like this
- Overview of EarFun Air Pro 3
- audio-sound Score
- Basic Specifications
- Features of EarFun Air Pro 3
- Compatible with aptX Adaptive, a high-quality sound codec equivalent to high-resolution
- Active noise canceling function for an overwhelmingly immersive experience
- Everything has evolved for a better sound
- A clear voice to the other party anytime, anywhere.
- Customize your own earphones with a full range of customization functions
- Build quality
- Connection quality
- Active noise canceling performance
- Compatible Apps
- Sound quality
- Sound quality features
- General comment
- Purchase Link
- This review is based on a sample provided by EarFun to convey a sincere quality review to our readers.
- No remuneration or compensation, such as a manuscript fee, has been received for publishing this, and it is an honest evaluation based on measurement data from personal testing and personal opinion.
Recommended for people like this
- People who just want to enjoy the deep and heavy low frequency range to the fullest.
- People who want to enjoy the voices of bass voice actors from the bottom of their hearts.
- People who like the sound with a sense of depth
- People who like dark sounds
- People who like rich resonant sound
- People who like a sound with a sense of enclosure
- People who value ANC performance
- People who are looking for a multi-point model
- People who value functionality
- People who value communication quality
- People who value cost performance
Overview of EarFun Air Pro 3
- Total Score: 8.6 / 10.0
- Package: 8.0 / 10.0
- Build quality: 8.5 / 10.0
- Fit: 8.5 / 10.0
- High range: 7.0 / 10.0
- Mid range: 7.5 / 10.0
- Low range: 11.0 / 10.0
- Less distortion: 8.5 / 10.0
- Communication quality: 9.5 / 10.0
- Want to see the score ranking? Click here!
- Continuous / maximum playback time: 8h / 52h
- Waterproof performance: IPX4
- Supported codecs: aptX Adaptive / aptX / AAC / SBC
Features of EarFun Air Pro 3
- Supports aptX Adaptive, a high-quality sound codec equivalent to high-resolution audio
- Uses Qualcomm's state-of-the-art QCC3071 chip
- Supports the industry's latest Bluetooth 5.3 and will support LE Audio, the next generation of Bluetooth audio
- Large 11mm dynamic driver delivers powerful bass and smooth mid-range and high frequencies.
- Industry-leading ANC-43dB noise reduction and active noise canceling function for an overwhelmingly immersive experience
- Three high-performance microphones on each side for clear voice calls, even in noisy environments
- Multi-point functionality
- Dedicated "EarFun Audio" app allows users to customize a wide range of features
- Up to 45 hours of playback
- Supports wireless charging and fast charging
Compatible with aptX Adaptive, a high-quality sound codec equivalent to high-resolution
The aptX Adaptive, a high-quality sound codec equivalent to high-resolution (24bit/96kHz), is supported to bring out the delicate expression in the music, conveying detailed nuances and smooth, lustrous sound.
Active noise canceling function for an overwhelmingly immersive experience
The unique QuietSmart2.0™ cancels external noise in the form of a wave in the opposite phase, reducing noise to an industry-leading ANC-43dB and cutting out ambient noise! Once you play music, you can immerse yourself in a world of your own.
Everything has evolved for a better sound
The new earbuds use Qualcomm's state-of-the-art QCC3071 chip, which supports the industry's latest Bluetooth 5.3 technology. It supports Bluetooth 5.3, the latest in the industry, and uses a large 11mm dynamic driver to deliver powerful bass, a wider soundstage, detailed nuances of singing voices, and the lingering sounds of musical instruments, all in pursuit of a higher quality audio experience. And it will be compatible with LE Audio, the next generation of Bluetooth audio (compatibility with compatible smartphones is required).
A clear voice to the other party anytime, anywhere.
Three high-performance microphones on each side are built-in, and cVc 8.0 noise canceling technology reduces wind noise and other noises by up to 90%, allowing you to make clear voice calls to others even in noisy environments such as restaurants/subways/bars/busy downtown areas.
Customize your own earphones with a full range of customization functions
The dedicated application "EarFun Audio" allows you to customize a wide range of functions and freely adjust the sound quality and noise reduction. Create your own earphones by switching the left and right controls if you are left-handed, or by increasing the bass if you are a rock musician.
The package meets the price level.
There is no shortage of accessories. The package contains the following:
- EarFun Air Pro 3
- Charging case
- USB Type-C cable
Build quality meets price standard.
The fit is good.
I tested it by connecting it to a Cayin N6II/E02 with aptX.
I don't know because I haven't been in crowds, but it is stable in the home. Distance tolerance is excellent, and the connection is seamless and intact even at a distance of about 5 meters. Communication was uninterrupted and music could be heard consistently, even across obstructions.
There may be a small amount of background noise, but most people probably won't notice it.
The operating interface is a touch type.
|Open the charging case lid
|Store the earphones in the charging case and close the lid
|Automatic pairing mode if no connection is available when power is turned on
|Tap the multi-function button twice
|Tap the multifunction button twice
|Tap the right multifunction button three times
|Tap the left multifunction button three times
|Tap the right multifunction button once
|Tap the left multifunction button once
|Tap the multi-function button twice
|Tap the multi-function button twice
|Activate voice assistant
|Press and hold right multi-function button for 2 seconds
|Switch between ANC and Hear-Through
|Press and hold left multifunction button for 2 seconds
Active noise canceling performance
The ANC performance of the EarFun Air Pro 3 is of an excellent standard in its price range. It is nearly on par with the previous generation Air Pro 2 and reduces overall outside noise.
The EarFun Audio app is supported.
What the app allows you to do:
- Customize sound quality
- Customize Control
- Firmware updates
- Factory reset
- Check device information
REW Frequency Response
Sound quality description
The following review was tested on a FiiO M15 with an aptX connection.
The EarFun Air 3 Pro has a heavy bass-oriented sound signature.
In terms of sound quality, it sounds completely different from the previous generation EarFun Air Pro 2 and is not positioned as the legitimate successor to the Air Pro 2.
Please see here for detailed reviews on sound quality.
Lows / Bass
EarFun has abandoned the neutral sound of the Air Pro 2 and has clearly turned its focus to low frequencies with the Air Pro 3. The low frequencies reach deep enough even with ANC off, but when ANC is on, they reach down to a whopping 10Hz and below. This number means that it reaches an unprecedented depth, surpassing the SoundPEATS T2's record of around 15Hz, which was the deepest I've ever heard.
For example, with the Air Pro 3, you can probably hear the very bottom of the voice of Show Hayami, who has the best low frequency voice in the voice acting world and is nicknamed "the man we can't hear on speakers." If you are a fan of Show Hayami, these earphones may be the ones you cannot miss.
For true low-frequency enthusiasts who are obsessed with low frequencies, this is without a doubt the best low-frequency earphones currently available, and the only one of its kind. It is a gem that should not be missed.
However, it is also true that this low frequency is the source of all the disasters. The overall resolution is low due to this excessive heavy low frequency, and for some people, it may not sound good overall and may sound very cheap. Rather, unless you are a serious low-frequency enthusiast, I think it will create a controversy, so much so that even low-frequency lovers will think it is too much.
It is the pinnacle of the current situation for heavy bass fanatics who have the desire to hear the lowest sound anyway.
There is little to say about the midrange of the EarFun Air Pro 3: with ANC ON, the bass is too loud to be heard properly, and even with ANC OFF, the resolution is too low and the overall resonance is too strong for the individual sound image contours to be buried.
Distortion is quite low, so transparency is high.
Highs / Treble
In general, the high frequencies of the Air Pro 3 have a weaker presence and do not excel in extension.
When ANC is off, it provides relatively decent localization, but the level of detail is somewhat lacking; when ANC is off, detail improves, but localization worsens.
Either way, there is little to say as the sound does not hear well.
Sound quality general comment
For those looking for a successor to the wonderful EarFun Air Pro 2, the Air Pro 3 is simply a nightmare. On the other hand, for bass fanatics who want to dive into the music itself with a sense of unity, the Air Pro 3 is the ultimate earphone in its current state, where you can get more performance than the SoundPEATS T2.
These earphones are not for everyone.
Sound quality features
- Low frequencies extending down to 10 Hz (astonishing)
- Elegant and chic
- Rich in resonance
- Deep bass for true presence
- Powerful ANC
- Multipoint support
- Wireless charging support
- Muddy feeling
- Fairly dark midrange
- Low resolution
- Not faithful to the original
- Unnatural texture
The EarFun Air Pro 3 is an excellent true wireless earphone with functionality and ANC performance equal to or better than the previous generation Air Pro 2. However, its sound is geared more toward low-frequency enthusiasts, and for those who preferred the excellent neutral sound of the previous generation Air Pro 2, it has been tuned to sound completely different than expected.
The EarFun Air Pro 3 is almost a perfect supercompatible to the SoundPEATS T2 that I have been seeking for the past year, and if you are a heavy bass fanatic, I highly recommend getting them. I couldn't be happier to finally feel like I've got the best earbuds I've ever had all year! Thank you thank you thank you EarFun. thank you so much.