- Recommended for people like this
- Overview of Marshall Motif A.N.C
- Build quality
- Connection quality
- Active noise canceling performance
- Compatible Apps
- Sound quality
- Sound quality features
- General comment
- Purchase Link
- This review is written based on a "private purchase" or "product rented for a price".
- No remuneration or compensation, such as a manuscript fee, has been received for publishing this, and it is an honest evaluation based on measurement data from personal testing and personal opinion.
Recommended for people like this
- People who want to taste electric guitar with a touch of color
- People who like a well-balanced sound
- People who value functionality
- People who value design
Overview of Marshall Motif A.N.C
- Total Score: 8.8 / 10.0
- Package: 7.5 / 10.0
- Build quality: 8.5 / 10.0
- Fit: 8.5 / 10.0
- High range: 9.5 / 10.0
- Mid range: 9.5 / 10.0
- Low range: 8.0 / 10.0
- Less distortion: 7.5 / 10.0
- Communication quality: 9.0 / 10.0
- Cost performance bonus: 11.0 / 10.0
- Want to see the score ranking? Click here!
- Continuous / maximum playback time: 4.5h (ANC ON) / 26h
- Waterproof performance: IPX5
- Supported codecs: SBC
Features of Marshall Motif A.N.C
The Marshall app allows you to set the EQ to your liking, and the Marshall app provides 4.5 hours of music playback on a single charge, or up to 20 hours with the charging case (ANC on) and wireless charging. 3 ear tips are included for all-day comfort and fit. Three ear tips are included for a comfortable fit and all-day music enjoyment.
- Motif A.N.C. features four microphones, two on each side. Active noise cancellation eliminates unwanted everyday noise, and transparency mode allows you to hear only the ambient sound you need.
- A single charge provides up to 4.5 hours of music playback, or up to 20 hours with the charging case (when ANC is on). In addition, the quick charge function allows for approximately 1 hour of playback on a 15-minute charge.
- The sealed earphones and three sizes of included ear tips provide a comfortable fit in the ear throughout the day. They are also durable and sweat-resistant IPX4 drip-proof.
- One-button control for hands-free calling and song forward/backward
Active noise canceling
Four microphones, two on the left and two on the right, are equipped. Active noise cancellation eliminates unwanted noises in daily life, and transparency mode (outside sound capturing) allows only necessary ambient sounds to be captured.
Up to approximately 20 hours of continuous playback and Quick Charge Technology
Up to 4.5 hours of music playback on a single charge and up to 20 hours of music playback with the charging case (ANC on). The Quick Charge feature allows for approximately one hour of playback on a 15-minute charge. Wireless charging further simplifies charging and transportation (wireless charging pad not included).
Simple, yet sleek design. Intuitive touch-sensitive earbuds make it easier than ever to control your music and calls. Built-in dual microphones allow you to hear your voice clearly.
A proper fit is critical for accurate sound reproduction. The Motif A.N.C. sealed earbuds come with three ear tips, allowing you to choose the most secure and comfortable fit.
Since this is a rental item, the package is rated at a standard 7.5.
- Marshall Motif A.N.C
- Charging case
- USB Type-C cable
Build quality meets price standard.
The design is cool.
The fit is good.
I tested it by connecting it to a Cayin N6II/E02 with SBC.
I don't know because I haven't been in crowds, but it is stable in the home. Distance tolerance is excellent, and the connection is seamless and intact even at a distance of about 5 meters. There was a momentary interruption when a barrier was inserted, but then the music could be heard consistently.
There may be a small amount of background noise, but most people probably won't notice it.
The operating interface is a touch type.
|Power ON||Open the lid of the charging case and take out the earphones|
|Power OFF||Store the earphones in the charging case.|
|Pairing||Open the lid of the charging case and press and hold the pairing button on the case|
|Play song||Tap the multi-function button once|
|Stop playback||Tap the multifunction button once|
|Forward song||Tap the multi-function button twice|
|Backward||Tap the multi-function button three times|
|Answer call||Tap the multi-function button once|
|End call||Tap the multi-function button once|
|Switch between ANC and Hear-Through||Press and hold the multi-function button|
Active noise canceling performance
The ANC performance of the Marshall Motif A.N.C. is above standard for its price range. It is fairly universal, blocking from top to bottom.
Compatible with Marshall Bluetooth app.
What the app allows you to do:
- Adjust Active Noise Cancellation
- Customize Sound Quality
- Customize Controls
- Firmware updates
- Manual Review
REW Frequency Response
Sound quality description
The following review was tested on a FiiO M15 with a SBC connection.
Marshall Motif A.N.C has a neutral and near flat sound signature.
Please see here for detailed reviews on sound quality.
Lows / Bass
The low end of the Marshall Motif A.N.C. extends relatively deep, but not much deeper.
The drums are not badly weighted and have a certain impact, but the rumble is a bit lacking.
The electric bass is also rather black, but lacks a little more sink.
In terms of presence, the balance is almost balanced with the midrange, or a little weaker. Low-frequency lovers will find it a bit lacking.
The midrange of the Marshall Motif A.N.C. is adjusted fairly close to neutral and the texture is almost perfect.
As is typical of Marshall, a guitar amp manufacturer, there is an emphasis in the upper midrange to mid-highs, and the distortion around guitar edges has been adjusted to increase. This adjustment makes the guitar edges and snare sound a little harder, more contoured, shiny, and impressive. The attack of the snare is clearly audible and the bite of the guitar is quite lively, but it may tend to be a little too sharp. The sibilance is also a bit strong, and the vocals tend to sound sharp in the "t" and "s" consonants. The lyrics are easy to understand because they sound crisp, but many people may get the impression that it is a bit aggressive and lacks softness.
The center of the midrange is sufficiently low distorted and well resolved to sound quite clear, but the upper midrange is a bit rich and atmospheric as the sound spreads into space due to distortion.
Highs / Treble
Although the extension is a bit lacking, the highs are adjusted rather smoothly.
Subtlety and detail are not bad, and the highs sound rather monitor-like, but the cymbal crash spread could have been a bit higher to achieve a more galloping sound.
Sound quality general comment
Sound quality features
- Excellent sound balance
- Excellent Original Sound Fidelity
- Excellent resolution
- Excellent texture
- Colorful electric guitar sound with rich sounding edges
- Lacking in low-frequency depth
- Lacks a little in high frequency extension
If you are a fan of beautiful electric guitar edges, we recommend that you include the Marshall Motif A.N.C in your consideration list. You will be enchanted by the Motif A.N.C's beautiful sound, which impressively delivers a glossy, colorful, and richly distorted sounding guitar edge with excellent sound balance.