- Recommended for people like this
- Overview of Xiaomi Redmi Buds 3 Lite
- Build quality
- Connection quality
- Sound quality
- Sound quality features
- General comment
- Purchase Link
- This review is written based on a "private purchase" or "product rented for a price".
- No remuneration or compensation, such as a manuscript fee, has been received for publishing this, and it is an honest evaluation based on measurement data from personal testing and personal opinion.
Recommended for people like this
- People who value a sense of detail
- People who like delicate sound
- People who like clean, crisp sound
- People who are not good at low frequencies
- People who value cost performance
Overview of Xiaomi Redmi Buds 3 Lite
This review will give an overview of Xiaomi Redmi Buds 3 Lite. A complete review of this product can be found here.
- Total Score: 8.6 / 10.0
- Package: 8.5 / 10.0
- Build quality: 9.0 / 10.0
- Fit: 9.0 / 10.0
- High range: 9.5 / 10.0
- Mid range: 8.5 / 10.0
- Low range: 6.5 / 10.0
- Less distortion: 7.5 / 10.0
- Communication quality: 8.5 / 10.0
- Cost performance bonus: 11.0 / 10.0
- Want to see the score ranking? Click here!
- Continuous / maximum playback time: 5h / 18h
- Waterproof performance: IP54
- Supported codecs: SBC
Features of Xiaomi Redmi Buds 3 Lite
- Outstanding Audio Clarity: Expertly tuned by Xiaomi Sound Lab - The 6mm dynamic driver has been expertly tuned by Xiaomi Sound Lab, ensuring consistent audio quality and bringing every note to life.
- Secure, Snug fit: Lightweight and soft on the skin, the ergonomic design brings effortless comfort and keeps Redmi Buds 3 Lite secure in your ears even during exercise. Three soft eartip sizes for a stable and comfortable fit while ensuring an optimal acoustic seal.
- Noise Cancellation for Calls: High-resolution audio for calls and anti-interference technology - Enjoy seamless, clear calls with effective anti-interference technology. Redmi Buds 3 Lite Wireless Earbuds uses a noise-reduction algorithm to identify and extract human voices and reduce background noise, ensuring clarity for your calls.
- Low Latency Mode for Gaming: Accurate sound giving the edge in competition - Activate the low latency mode for an immersive gaming experience. Effortless gameplay with accurate production of even the faintest of audio, so you can differentiate between gunshots and footsteps.
- Outstanding Audio Anytime: Xiaomi Redmi Buds 3 Lite wireless earbuds can last for over 5 hours' playtime from a single charge and 18 extra hours in the compact charging case. Providing convenient charging way with no strings attached. IPX54 Waterproof can prevent from the damage of the splash by sweat and raindrops.
- Xiaomi Quality Assurance: Xiaomi - Fortune 500 company, Trustworthy. Only “Xiaomi US” official store provide 13 months warranty for Xiaomi Redmi Buds 3 Lite wireless earbuds.
Package meets price standard.
- Xiaomi Redmi Buds 3 Lite
- Charging case
Build quality meets price standard.
The fit is good.
I tested it by connecting it to a Cayin N6II/E02 with SBC.
I don't know because I haven't been in crowds, but it is stable in the home. Distance tolerance is excellent, and the connection is seamless and intact even at a distance of about 5 meters. Communication was never interrupted, even across obstructions, and we were able to listen to music consistently, but with slight sound skipping.
There may be a small amount of background noise, but most people probably won't notice it.
The operating interface is a touch type.
|Power ON||Open the lid of the charging case and take out the earphones|
|Power OFF||Store the earphones in the charging case|
|Pairing||If there is no connection destination when the earphones are turned on, pairing mode is automatically activated|
|Song playback||Press and hold the multi-function button|
|Stop playback||Long press the multi-function button|
|Forward song||Tap the multi-function button twice|
|Answer call||Tap the multifunction button twice|
|End call||Tap the multi-function button twice|
|Switching game mode||Simultaneously press and hold the left and right multi-function buttons|
REW Frequency Response
Sound quality description
The following review was tested on a FiiO M15 with a SBC connection.
The Xiaomi Redmi Buds 3 Lite has a full midrange sound signature that leans toward the highs.
Please see here for detailed reviews on sound quality.
Lows / Bass
The low frequencies of the Xiaomi Redmi Buds 3 Lite are generally low energy and quite subdued, especially lacking in depth.
Drums lack weight, so they sound light and tantalizingly light, with a good sense of rhythm but no realism or life.
The electric bass is also bright, lacks blackness, and does not seem to sink in, giving the impression of lack of spaciousness.
The low frequencies are fairly restrained in their presence relative to the midrange, which is good because there is nothing to disturb the midrange, but bass enthusiasts will find the sound light and uninteresting.
The midrange of the Redmi Buds 3 Lite has a backward leaning structure that emphasizes a sense of depth. The midrange itself is fairly bright up front and will be easily audible in detail.
The midrange lacks a bit of structure, and although the edges are rounded and gentle on the ear, the vocals' lively tones and the guitar edges seem a bit poorly colored.
The midrange has a clean impression with a little less contrast for a bright positional sound. Although there are many places where it sounds a little raspy in the high-frequency direction, it is not a bad thing that the feeling is airy, and you can listen to it in a clean and uncluttered manner.
However, the texture is dry and lacks freshness, so it lacks rawness. This kind of light and clean sound is not bad for affordable listening, but for serious music enjoyment, it lacks depth of expression and sounds thin and cheap overall.
Highs / Treble
The high frequencies have excellent airiness, good definition, and no lack of subtlety, providing a fairly good quality sound in all three elements.
Sound image consistency is a bit lacking, so cymbals, strings, and woodwinds are not quite as smooth as they could be and sound a bit rough. The roughness of the hi-hats may evoke a wild sensation and seem enjoyable in rock music, but some may find it a bit bothersome when enjoying classical music.
However, since the airiness is good enough to give a good sense of freshness, the roughness blows through without lingering in the ears, so it may not bother you too much. I also have the impression that the glare on the violins is a little metallic and unpleasant, but it is not so noticeable that it is not bad.
Taken as a whole, I think Xiaomi's insight is pretty solid, with a high frequency range that is much more well-rounded than lower-priced earbuds.
Sound quality general comment
- Original sound fidelity: A
- Recommendation: B+
- Personal preference: B+
The Xiaomi Redmi Buds 3 Lite is a very attractive option, especially for high-frequency lovers, as it offers high resolution and fine and detailed detail at a low price. However, the QCY T17 is generally a better option in the same price range, as its low frequency range is too skimpy.
Sound quality features
- Excellent subtlety and detail
- Exhilarating sound
- Excellent resolution
- Clean, easy listening sound
- Not for everyone.
- Scanty low frequency range
- Poor coloration
- Unnatural texture
The Xiaomi Redmi Buds 3 Lite has excellent resolution at a low price, with a clean, clear view that coexists with a sense of freshness and detail. Build quality is also good for the price, and communication quality is relatively stable. In general, it can be said that this earphone is a high-level earphone for the price. However, the sound is not for everyone, as the low frequency range is quite low, and the presence of better rivals threatens this earphone.