iBasso has added a new Portable USB DAC/AMP to its famous “DC” series of USB DAC/AMPs, meet the all-new iBasso DC06. The “DC” series is famous for multiple successful products such as the DC02, DC05, etc. The latest iBasso DC06 comes equipped with a premium Dual DAC chipset housing two high-performance DAC chips from ESS Sabre Technologies(ES9219Cx2). It supports both single-ended as well as balanced connections with a single-ended 3.5mm and a balanced 4.4mm output ports. DC06 is a compact yet powerful device that can power most IEMs and even some headphones in the market without breaking a sweat. iBasso has priced the DC06 quite competitively at 119$. Most premium DACs in the market like Moondrop Moonriver 2, HiBy FC5, etc are priced similarly. You can check out more details here.
- Premium Dual DAC Chipset.
- Two ES9219C Sabre DAC Chips.
- High-power output.
- Independent Femtosecond Oscillator.
- Supports high-resolution PCM and DSD signals.
- Full 16x MQA decoding.
- Multi-colour LED indicator.
- Clean and accurate performance with high SNR and Low Distortion ratings.
- Dual headphone outputs(3.5mm single-ended+4.4mm balanced).
- Detachable Type-C connector cable.
- PCM signal support: Up to 32-Bit/384kHz.
- DSD signal support: Native DSD256.
- MQA signal: 16x unfolding.
- Dimensions: 23mmx50mm.
- Weight: 23grams.
- THD+N: 0.00035%(600Ω), 0.0005%(32Ω).
- Output voltage: 3.2Vrms(32Ω), 4Vrms(300Ω).
- SNR: 123dB.
- Dynamic Range: 123dB.
- Frequency Response: 20Hz-40kHz.
- Output Impedance: <0.5Ω.
- THD+N: 0.00056%(600Ω), 0.0007%(32Ω).
- Output voltage: 2Vrms(32Ω).
- SNR: 120dB.
- Dynamic Range: 120dB.
- Frequency Response: 20Hz-40kHz.
- Output Impedance: <0.3Ω.
High-End Performance With Premium Dual DAC Arrangement
iBasso DC06 features a premium Dual DAC chipset housing two ES9219C DAC chips from ESS Sabre Technologies. ES9219C is a 32-Bit high-resolution stereo DAC chip that features ESS’s newly-developed Quad DAC+ technology. iBasso has combined the DACs with an independent femtosecond crystal oscillator for improved performance. DC06 provides exceptional performance while decoding high-resolution PCM and DSD signals. DC06 easily decodes high-resolution PCM 32-bit/384kHz and native DSD256 signals.
Full 16x MQA Unfolding
iBasso DC06 brings true MQA signal rendering to your mobile devices. It supports full 16x MQA signal unfolding bringing us a true master quality sound signal presentation straight with our smartphones. MQA for all those who don’t know refers to Master Quality Authenticated. It is a new technology that provides high-resolution studio-quality sound.
Use Both Single-Ended and Balanced Terminated IEMs and HPs
iBasso DC06 supports both single-ended as well as balanced connections. It houses dual headphone output ports, one single-ended 3.5mm and the second a balanced 4.4mm output. Users can use their IEMs as well as HPs with the DC06 with ease. In today’s time when most smartphones lack any headphone output, the DC06 brings two!!
One Of The Most Powerful USB DAC/AMPs In the Market
iBasso DC06 is one of the most powerful USB DAC/AMPs in the market today. It gets a powerful amplification section that provides about 320mW of output power at 32Ω of load(4.4mm). It can power most IEMs and low-power requiring headphones with ease.
Multi-Colour LED Indicator Light
iBasso has placed a multi-color LED indicator near the headphone output ports. It glows into different colors depending on the active file bitrate like Red on standby, Blue on DSD, Green on PCM, and Magenta on MQA.
Pricing & Availability
iBasso DC06 is launched officially for 119$. You can check out more details on the product page here.
- CCA CRA+: A popular model that has evolved further
- QCY T17: Emphasis is placed on the sound field, and the sound is extended, fresh, high-resolution, and high-definition. However, the midrange is thin.
- Moondrop CHU: Latest Entry-Level IEMs With Single Dynamic Driver
- KZ EDA Green: High resolution and high definition. Excellent monitor earphones