S.M.S.L Audio is on a roll this month. They are releasing back-to-back products starting with the SU-8S and SH-8S, a fully balanced desktop stack with MQA support. It was followed by SD-9 Network Media Player, all three of these were released last week only.
Today, S.M.S.L has announced VMV A2, a high-resolution power amplifier in their premium VMV lineup of desktop products.
It utilizes the latest DSP chip and ST high power amplifier chip that provides a clean and distortion-free audio signal amplification. VMV A2 features XMOS’s latest XU216 16-core processor that provides native DSD512 and 32-Bit/768kHz PCM support. Yes, it not only provides you high-quality signal amplification but also provides high-resolution signal decoding. Users also get a separate sub-woofer pre-amp output for connecting an active subwoofer and creating a powerful 2.1ch audio system.
S.M.S.L has loaded the VMV A2 power amp with TOTL features such as high-res Bluetooth support, Built-in multiple EQ modes, and many more that make the A2 a true flagship device in their lineup. It is available to order from HiFiGO with a price tag of 999.99$.
- Industry-leading performance with Digital Feedback Technology.
- Multiple equalizer modes.
- Wireless Bluetooth connectivity with High-Res UAT, LDAC, and more transmission codec support.
- Sub-woofer Pre-Output.
- Second-gen XMOS 16-Core USB processor.
- High-end audio components.
- Supports PCM 32-Bit/768kHz decoding support.
- Native DSD512 decoding support.
- All-aluminum CNC processed chassis.
- All-aluminum fully functional remote control.
- Input Options: USB, Optical, Bluetooth, Coaxial, Balanced Digital, RCA Line IN.
- THD+N: 0.0008%.
- SNR: 115dB.
- Channel Separation: 108dB.
- Output Power: 200Wx2(4Ω), 100Wx2(8Ω).
- USB Transmission Method: Asynchronous Transmission.
- USB Compatibility: Windows 7 & above, Mac OSX, Linux.
- Bit Depth Support (USB/IIS): Up to 32-Bit/768kHz.
- Bit Depth Support (Optical/Coaxial): Up to 24-Bit/192kHz.
- DSD Support: Up to DSD512(USB & IIS).
- Bluetooth V5.0 connectivity.
- Bluetooth Codec support: UAT, LDAC, AptX HD, AptX, SBC, AAC.
- Weight: 2.6Kg.
Delivering Perfection with Ultra-Low Distortion & Noise Ratings
S.M.S.L VMV A2 power amplifier uses a specially designed digital feedback technology that effectively reduces distortion and noise ratings in the output. It utilizes an advanced DSP chip paired with an ST high-power amplifier chip that helps the A2 achieve ultra-low distortion ratings of as low as 0.00008%.
Second-Gen XMOS USB Processor
S.M.S.L VMV A2 features 2nd generation 16-core XMOS XU216 USB signal receiver chip. It allows PCM support for up to 32-Bit/768kHz and DSD up to native DSD512 signal decoding.
Powerful Output with Separate Sub-Woofer Output
S.M.S.L VMV A2 provides a transparent and powerful output signal with up to 200Wx2 power ratings at 4Ω load. It can easily drive large floor speakers and bring life to them. VMV A2 also features a separate subwoofer output that can be used to connect an active sub-woofer and create a 2.1ch audio system at your home.
Qualcomm Bluetooth Support
S.M.S.L VMV A2 supports seamless Bluetooth connectivity support for audio signal input. It supports multiple different high-resolution wireless transmission codecs including UAT that supports up to 24-Bit/192kHz bitrate. Other Bluetooth codecs supported are LDAC, AptX HD, AptX, SBC, and AAC.
Multiple EQ Modes To Suit Your Music
S.M.S.L VMV A2 has built-in multiple EQ modes and a bass & treble adjustment function that allows its users to easily match the output signal according to their speakers and music. Different EQ modes include Direct, Tone, SDB, Bass, Rock, Soft, and more. Bass and Treble adjustment allows within –10dB to 10dB range.
High-End Components For High-End Performance
The audio motherboard here in S.M.S.L VMV A2 is made with high-end components to ensure high-quality performance. It features an American TI audiophile ADC PCM 1804 chip for analog signal input. Professional LLC resonant power supplies that are suitable for Power Amps are fitted in the VMV A2 along with active PFC Circuits and advanced EMI filter networks to ensure a stable and reliable power supply for your amplifier.
Pricing & Availability