- Recommended for people like this
- Overview of DUNU FALCON PRO
- Build quality
- Sound quality
- General comment
- Purchase link
- This review is written based on a "private purchase" or "product rented for a price".
- No remuneration or compensation, such as a manuscript fee, has been received for publishing this, and it is an honest evaluation based on measurement data from personal testing and personal opinion.
Recommended for people like this
- People who like a richer sound
- People who are sensitive to high frequencies
- People who like a warm sound
Overview of DUNU FALCON PRO
- Total Score: 8.6 / 10.0
- Package: 8.5 / 10.0
- Build quality: 9.5 / 10.0
- Fitment: 8.5 / 10.0
- High range: 7.0 / 10.0
- Mid range: 8.0 / 10.0
- Low range: 8.0 / 10.0
- Less distortion: 8.5 / 10.0
- Want to see the score ranking? Click here!
- Frequency response: 5Hz to 40kHz
- Impedance: 26Ω
- Sensitivity: 112dB/mW
- Cable connector: mmcx
The packaging is simple, but the accessories are quite numerous and gorgeous.
There is no shortage of accessories.
- DUNU FALCON PRO
- Many eartips
- Tuning nozzles
- Carrying case
- Explanatory documents
The build quality of the exterior is above the standard of the price range. It is beautifully sculpted like a high brand product.
They are compact and comfortable for people with small ears.
Sound quality description
In this review, I use the standard eartips size L and drive it with the FiiO M15.
The DUNU FALCON PRO has a V-shaped signature with a strong low-frequency presence and a warm sound. The sound is not generally suitable for audiophiles who are particular about the accuracy of the midrange, as it has a large expansion in the lower midrange, which has a slightly negative effect on the sound image in the midrange.
Please see here for detailed reviews on sound quality.
Sound quality general comment
DUNU FALCON PRO is suitable for audiophiles who prefer mild listening with a warm sound. Changing the nozzle does not change the thick and warm tendency of the sound itself, so there is almost no improvement in the sound image in the midrange. Therefore, it is not suitable for audiophiles who are faithful to the original sound or who are particular about the sound image in the midrange. Incidentally, my preference is for transparent nozzles.
Sound quality features
- Warm and pleasant to listen to
- Sound with a sense of depth
- Rich sound
- Excellent resolution
- Heterogeneous sound
- Easy to sound fuzzy
- Lack of high frequency extension
- Lacks a sense of structure
- Boomy low frequencies
- Lacks consistency of sound image
- Sounds muddy to some people
- Swollen mid-low range
The DUNU FALCON PRO is quite an attractive option if you want a beautiful earphone with a high-end texture in the 20,000 yen range. The overall sound performance is also up to the standard of the price, and is quite good by any standard. However, the sound balance tends to be too warm, and the sound image in the mid-range tends to be fuzzy, which is a drawback.