- Recommended for people like this
- Overview of Edifier WH950NB
- Active Noise Cancellation with Ambient Sound: Hear What You Want
- Hi-Resolution Audio Certified: Amazing Acoustic Experience
- Four Microphones for Environmental Noise Cancellation: Crystal-Clear Voice Calls
- Ultra-Comfort Earpad: All-Day Comfort
- 40mm Composite Titanium Film Headphone Driver: Perfect Acoustic Design
- Up to 55 Hours of Audio: Nonstop Music from Day to Night
- Dual-Device Connection: Switch Between Devices Smoothly
- Safe Listening Enabled: Never Exceed 85dB
- Build quality
- Connection quality
- Active noise canceling performance
- Compatible Apps
- Sound quality
- General comment
- Purchase link
- This review is based on samples provided by Edifier in order to give the reader an honest quality review.
- No remuneration or compensation, such as a manuscript fee, has been received for publishing this, and it is an honest evaluation based on measurement data from personal testing and personal opinion.
Recommended for people like this
- People looking for headphones for casual use
- People who value ANC performance
- People who value portability
- People who value battery performance
- People who value communication quality
- People who focus on multipoint
- People who value functionality
- People who value cost-effectiveness
Overview of Edifier WH950NB
This review will give an overview of Edifier WH950NB. A complete review of this product can be found here.
- Total Score: 8.9 / 10.0
- Package: 8.0 / 10.0
- Build quality: 8.5 / 10.0
- Fitment: 9.0 / 10.0
- High range: 8.5 / 10.0
- Mid range: 8.0 / 10.0
- Low range: 10.0 / 10.0
- Less distortion: 8.5 / 10.0
- Communication quality: 9.5/10.0
- Cost performance bonus: 10.5/10.0
- Want to see the score ranking? Click here!
- Continuous playback time: 55 hours
- Waterproof performance: None
- Supported codecs: LDAC / SBC
- Active Noise Cancellation + Ambient Sound Mode
- LDAC codec with Hi-Res Audio & Hi-Res Wireless certification
- Advanced 4-Mic ENC for the best voice clarity
- Personalize EQ and select various music modes in Edifier Connect APP
- Supports Google Fast Pair for Android users
- 1.5 hours fully charged for at least 34 hours playtime(ANC ON) / 55hrs(ANC OFF)
- Fast charging: 7hrs playback in just 10mins
- 40mm dynamic driver
- Double protection for safe hearing: Volume <85dB and a cut-off timer Foldable and
- lightweight design. Ideal for daily use, conference meeting and travel
Active Noise Cancellation with Ambient Sound: Hear What You Want
The WH950NB headphones are equipped with intelligent, active noise cancellation algorithms that remove surrounding noise. There are two active noise cancellation mode selections that meet everyone's needs. Furthermore, users can choose between ambient sound or wind reduction in different scenarios to create their ideal environment.
Hi-Resolution Audio Certified: Amazing Acoustic Experience
The WH950NB headphones support both Hi-Res Audio and Hi-Res Audio wireless with LDAC certification. Our world-class acoustics team expertly tunes them to deliver professional studio-grade sound. The WH950NB reaches a frequency response of 40kHz and output high-quality audio quality. The Hi-Res audio gives you a wide range of detail and clarity for the ultimate listening experience.
Four Microphones for Environmental Noise Cancellation: Crystal-Clear Voice Calls
The WH950NB uses four built-in microphones to ensure clear voice calls. These microphones are integrated with the audio signal processor to direct your voice, reduce irritating background noise, and suppress wind noise, which adds an extra layer of crystal-clear quality to the conversations that matter most.
Ultra-Comfort Earpad: All-Day Comfort
After multiple rounds of testing and experimenting, we specially selected high-quality soft protein leather and memory foam ear pad for the WH950NB. They have a pillow-like softness that's comfortable yet seals out ambient noise.
40mm Composite Titanium Film Headphone Driver: Perfect Acoustic Design
The WH950NB has a 40mm composite titanium film driver that delivers exceptional sound. It accurately presents natural and balanced audio for all genres of music. The WH950NB headphones are ideal for providing next-level sound with more excellent resolution and cleaner sound.
Up to 55 Hours of Audio: Nonstop Music from Day to Night
With a 55-hour battery life perfect for long road trips, you can enjoy up to 34 hours of playback time with ANC. In addition, you can get an extra 7 hours of battery life with a simply 10-minute fast charge.
Dual-Device Connection: Switch Between Devices Smoothly
The latest Bluetooth 5.3 allows you to switch from one device to another. You can now multitask between watching a movie from your laptop to picking up a phone call in seconds without missing anything.
Safe Listening Enabled: Never Exceed 85dB
The Edifier safe volume control is now available in the Edifier Connect App. After enabling Safe Volume, the maximum volume limitation is up to 85dB. Enjoy music without worrying about damaging your hearing.
The package meets the price standard.
- Edifier WH950NB
- Type-C USB cable
- Carrying Case
- AUX Cable
Build quality meets price standard.
The fit is good.
I tested it by connecting it to a Cayin N6II/E02 with LDAC.
I don't know because I haven't been in crowds, but it is stable in the home. Distance tolerance is excellent, and the connection is seamless and intact even at a distance of about 5 meters. Music is not interrupted even when interrupted by obstructions.
There may be a small amount of background noise, but most people probably won't notice it.
Active noise canceling performance
It is quite excellent. The high noise canceling mode can block out quite a bit of low and high frequencies, providing enough silence to concentrate even in the city.
Compatible with EDIFIER CONNECT app.
What the app allows you to do:
- Switching EQ presets and user EQ customization
- Switching between ANC modes
- Switching between game modes
- Firmware update
- Factory reset
- Check device information
Sound quality description
This review is done with ANC ON in Classic mode, connected to a FiiO M15 via LDAC.
The Edifier WH950NB has a U-shaped sound signature that is neutral in standard Classic mode with ANC ON.
As for the sound quality outside of Classic mode, Dynamic mode is a little more V-shaped, with the low and high frequencies being lifted more than in Classic mode. The sound quality of the gaming mode is almost the same as the classic mode. Theater mode is very special, with a narrower range and amplified resonance in the midrange to emphasize a three-dimensional effect.
It is important to note that by default, the hearing protection function is designed to generally keep the full range of sound within 85 dB, and those who normally listen at a louder volume may easily feel a sense of lack. The hearing protection and master volume can be adjusted in the application.
Please see here for detailed reviews on sound quality.
Lows / Bass
The low frequencies of the Edifier WH950NB in Classic mode extend quite deep.
Drum kicks are weighty and impactful. Rumbles are tuned to sound rich and live.
The electric bass is also well sank, tight, and deep and expansive.
Low frequencies are excellent for a headphone model, both qualitatively and quantitatively, and will fully satisfy low-frequency enthusiasts.
The midrange of the Edifier WH950NB is basically backward leaning in all modes, emphasizing a sense of depth.
In general, the center of the midrange and vocals are spotlighted and brightly rendered, but the surrounding areas sound dark and fuzzy, with a strong sense of vocal focus.
The sound is gentle and mild to the ear, but lacks a sense of construction, and the structure of the midrange is buried and difficult to understand. Sound separation is basically poor.
Because it is gentle to the ear, you will not get tired of listening to it for a long time, but the overall impression is that it lacks crispness. In my case, this kind of sound relaxes me too much and makes me yawn when I listen to it. It is not bad if you use it to listen to music as background music while working, but I think it is a little difficult to use for serious music appreciation.
On the other hand, many people may find it comfortable to listen to music with this kind of mild sound with a sense of depth when enjoying music in a relaxed manner.
Highs / Treble
The high frequency range of the WH950NB is a bit lacking in energy, but the sense of localization is not bad and the sense of detail is adequate. Extension, however, is quite lacking.
Highs are mild and easy on the ear, safe enough for those sensitive to high frequencies. Luminance is a bit lacking, and there is a sense of subtlety and airiness that is much lacking.
Sound quality general comment
- Original Sound Fidelity: A-
- Recommendation: A-
- Personal preference: B
Evaluated only in terms of sound quality, the Edifier WH950NB cannot be said to have good mid-range production or range, and although it has excellent resolution, it is hardly suitable for audiophiles.
If one were to evaluate the Edifier WH950NB based on sound quality alone, ignoring features, the lower model W820NB is easy to recommend.
Sound quality features
- Spacious soundstage with a sense of depth
- Elegant and chic
- Not bad original sound fidelity
- Deep low frequency range
- Relatively good localization
- Excellent resolution
- Mild and pleasant to the ear
- Lacking in textural accuracy
- Tends to be blurred overall
- Lack of a sense of structure
- Sleepy sound
- Difficult to turn up the volume (to protect hearing)
The Edifier WH950NB is very functional headphones with strong ANC performance, support for the high-quality sound codec LDAC, and easy portability and long battery life for use all the time on the go. The sound is a bit quirky, so it is not for everyone, but the functionality alone makes it near outstanding in terms of ease of use.