- Recommended for people like this
- Overview of Edifier STAX Spirit S3
- Build quality
- Sound quality
- General comment
- Purchase link
- This review is based on samples provided by Edifier in order to give the reader an honest quality review.
- No remuneration or compensation, such as a manuscript fee, has been received for publishing this, and it is an honest evaluation based on measurement data from personal testing and personal opinion.
Recommended for people like this
- People who value the natural reality of sound
- People who value sound image consistency
- People who like smooth and fluid sound
- People who are particular about vocal reproduction
- People who are particular about overtone expression
- People who value spatiality
- People who value portability
- People who value battery performance
- People who value communication quality
- People who value cost-effectiveness
Overview of Edifier STAX Spirit S3
- Total Score: 9.3 / 10.0
- Package: 8.5 / 10.0
- Build quality: 8.5 / 10.0
- Fitment: 8.5 / 10.0
- High range: 11.0 / 10.0
- Mid range: 9.0 / 10.0
- Low range: 8.0 / 10.0
- Less distortion: 8.0 / 10.0
- Communication quality: 9.5/10.0
- Want to see the score ranking? Click here!
- Continuous playback time: 80 hours
- Waterproof performance: None
- Supported codecs: Snapdragon Sound/aptX Adaptive/aptX/AAC/SBC
The package meets the price standard. The accessories are quite luxurious.
- Edifier STAX Spirit S3
- Type-C USB cable
- Replacement mesh pad
- 3.5mm to 6.35mm adapter
- Carrying pouch
- Instruction Manual
Build quality meets price standard.
The unit is equipped with a plane-driven unit, but the body is much lighter.
Two types of earpads are available, leather and mesh, to suit different uses and seasons.
This review will be done by connecting to the FiiO M15 via aptX HD.
The Edifier STAX Spirit S3 provides very high original sound fidelity in standard Classic mode, sounding close to an ideal flat speaker. High frequencies are particularly well extended, giving a sense of scale similar to that of high-end speakers.
If you want to hear even more high frequencies, you can set the S3 to HiFi mode or STAX mode for a more open sound experience. Roughly speaking, STAX mode emphasizes more mid-high frequencies and a brighter midrange, while HiFi mode emphasizes more depth, dimension, and subtlety.
Please see here for detailed reviews on sound quality.
Sound quality general comment
The Edifier STAX Spirit S3 is Edifier's most ambitious headphones yet, offering ultra high-end class sound in a mid-high class wireless headphones.
Of course, some of the audio specs are about the right price (although there is almost no shortage in the $500 class), but they have the consistent phase characteristics peculiar to the planar drive type and are super. The sound that extends smoothly to the high range surpasses even standard headphones such as the HiFiMAN Arya, which is popular as a planar drive type famous model.
Sound quality features
- Very good high frequency expandability
- Excellent original sound fidelity
- Consistent phase characteristics
- High sound image consistency
- High sense of reality
- Reproduction of almost perfect speaker sound
- 3 types of sounds
- Lacks free equalization
- Lacks low-frequency depth
- If anything, the midrange could use a little more work.
The Edifier STAX Spirit S3 is priced at about $500, which is about mid-high, but in terms of sound quality, it delivers sound half as good as ultra high-end. It is also very easy to use, with 80 hours of continuous playback time, excellent charging efficiency, and a compact foldable design that makes it comfortable to carry around.
- CCA CRA+: A popular model that has evolved further
- QCY T17: Emphasis is placed on the sound field, and the sound is extended, fresh, high-resolution, and high-definition. However, the midrange is thin.
- Moondrop CHU: Latest Entry-Level IEMs With Single Dynamic Driver
- KZ EDA Green: High resolution and high definition. Excellent monitor earphones