- Recommended for people like this
- Overview of Picun X7
- Build quality
- Connection quality
- Sound quality
- Sound quality features
- General comment
- Purchase Link
- This review is based on "private purchases" or "items rented for a consideration".
- No remuneration or compensation, such as a manuscript fee, has been received for publishing this, and it is an honest evaluation based on measurement data from personal testing and personal opinion.
Recommended for people like this
- People who value functionality
- People who value communication quality
- People who value waterproof performance
- People who want low latency mode
- People who focus on cost performance
Overview of Picun X7
- Total Score: 8.6 / 10.0
- Package: 8.0 / 10.0
- Build quality: 8.5 / 10.0
- Fit: 8.5 / 10.0
- High range: 8.0 / 10.0
- Mid range: 9.0 / 10.0
- Low range: 9.5 / 10.0
- Less distortion: 8.5 / 10.0
- Communication quality: 8.5 / 10.0
- Want to see the score ranking? Click here!
- Continuous / maximum playback time: 4.5h / 25h
- Waterproof performance: IPX7
- Supported codecs: AAC / SBC
Features of Picun X7
- ♬【Superior Hi-Fi Stereo Sound Quality】We highly recommend you these impressive True wireless earbuds. Made of Dual 6mm Driver Units which can deliver the super clear high-frequency sound and Deep bass separately, and provides the immersive crystal Hi-Fi stereo sound quality, putting you at the stage center. This wireless earbud will give you a new experience of enjoying the music.
- ♬【Low Latency Game Mode & IPX68 Waterproof】 X7 wireless earphones support Low Latency Mode while playing the cellphone game, Which giving your a better experience in your gaming. Never worry about damaging your earbuds during an intense workout in the gym or on a trail. IPX68 water-resistant design allows you to remain focused on your music or calls and not external sources like rain or sweat.
- ♬【Bluetooth 5.0 & Stable Connection】Picun Wireless Earbuds adopt advanced Bluetooth 5.0 chip technology, which can provide fast transmission and stable connection with your device including iPhones Andriod phones, and other Bluetooth devices without any signal loss or music dropouts. These TWS earphones make makes you enjoy the music more clear and smoother and keep a stable online status while talking on your phones. Definitely the perfect Bluetooth earphones choice.
- ♬【Touch Control & Automatically Pairing】 X7 Bluetooth Earbuds support Auto-Connect to the last paired device while taking earbuds out from the charging case. You can continue to enjoy the immersive music in a few seconds. What's more, these wireless earbuds provide an amazing complete fingerprint-touching operation scheme. Easy to operate the earbuds by your finger-touching without big movement cause to the earphones while enjoying the music.
- ♬【Comfortable to Fit & Fast-Charge】Adotping ergonomic In-Ear and super light design and providing three sizes of silicone ear tips ( S, M, L), which gives you a comfortable wearing experience while enjoying the music. USB-C ensures to provide a more stable and fast way to charge. It takes only 1.5 hours to fully charge but provides more than 5 hours of Playtime in one single charge and extra 25hours supported by the mini charging case.
The package meets the price level.
There is no shortage of accessories. The package contains the following:
- Picun X7
- Charging case
- USB Type-C cable
Build quality meets price standard.
The fit is good.
I tested it by connecting it to a Cayin N6II/E02 with AAC.
I don't know because I haven't been in crowds, but it is stable in the home. Distance tolerance is excellent, and the connection is seamless and intact even at a distance of about 5 meters. Communication was momentarily interrupted when we put a barrier in between us, but it quickly returned and we were able to listen to music consistently.
There may be a small amount of background noise, but most people probably won't notice it.
The operating interface is a touch type.
|Power ON||Open the lid of the charging case and take out the earphones|
|Power OFF||Store the earphones in the charging case|
|Pairing||If there is no connection destination when the power is turned on, pairing mode is automatically activated|
|Play a song||Tap the multi-function button twice|
|Stop playback||Tap the multifunction button twice|
|Forward song||Press and hold the right multifunction button for 2 seconds|
|Backward||Press and hold the left multifunction button for 2 seconds|
|Volume +||Tap the right multifunction button once|
|Volume -||Tap the left multifunction button once|
|Answer call||Tap the multi-function button twice|
|End call||Tap the multi-function button twice|
|Activate voice assistant||Tap the multi-function button three times|
REW Frequency Response
Sound quality description
The following review was tested on a FiiO M15 with an SBC connection.
Picun X7 has a V- or U-shaped sound signature.
Please see here for detailed reviews on sound quality.
Lows / Bass
The Picun X7's low frequencies have ample presence and extend quite deep.
Bass drums are sufficiently weighted, sounding thick and powerful, with ample rumble.
The electric bass is also sufficiently black and has good spaciousness.
In general, it is likely to satisfy heavy bass enthusiasts quite well.
The midrange is heard in a darker position within the overall sound.
Although the texture is quite accurate, the overall sound is dry and lacks lushness because the edge is over-emphasized and the overall sound tends to sound a bit clunky.
Guitar edges sound nice, but the snare sounds a bit rattly, which I don't like. The overall impression is a metallic sound. Vocals tend to be a bit shouty and harsh due to the rather high level of sibilance.
High-frequency definition is relatively lacking, so detail is not great, but the sense of separation is not bad, but the overall expression is not very expressive. It lacks fineness.
Highs / Treble
High frequencies are a bit tame overall. Extension is also much lacking.
There is a distinct lack of energy in the upper highs, which leads to a lack of detail and air, and combined with an overemphasis on edges, makes the whole thing sound choppy and stuffy.
It is clear that the X7's weak point is in these highs, where a little better adjustment would have resulted in a more decent sound.
Sound quality general comment
The Picun X7's sound has a poor range for a dual dynamic driver, and it seems as if a single dynamic driver would have been a more decent choice. If you like a glaring sound with a strong edge, we can recommend it, but it is not a very attractive option for many people.
Sound quality features
- Sound field with a sense of depth
- Accurate texture
- Forward localized
- Edgy sound
- Gleaming Sound
- Significantly lacks high-frequency extension
- Lack of detail
- Shouty vocals
- Sounds metallic
- Low resolution
The Picun X7 is an attractive fully wireless earphone with dual dynamic drivers at a low price. However, its sound is unfortunately a bit quirky and not really suitable for everyone. On the other hand, if you look beyond sound quality, it has good communication quality, is quite well designed, and is easy to operate with almost complete music control using only the earphones.