The FiiO BTR7 dongle amplifier with THX AAA amplifiers has been announced and is now available for pre-order on HiFiGO. The price is $239.
- ESS Technology Sabre ESS9219 Dual DAC
- 1.3″ 240×240 IPS Color Display
- Both Bluetooth DAC & USB DAC Functions
- Qualcomm QCC5124 BT SoC with BT5.1 Support
- PCM up to 32Bit 384kHz, Native DSD up to DSD256 and MQA Support
- Fully Balanced Circuit & THX AAA™ Achromatic Audio Amplifier Design
- 3.5mm Single Ended & 4.4mm Balanced Output
- Up to 9 Hours of Battery Life
- Bluetooth (5.1): AAC/SBC/aptX/aptX LL/aptX Adaptive/aptX HD/LDAC
- DAC: ES9219C*2
- USB: XMOS XUF208
- AMP: THX AAA-28*2
- Decoding support:
- PCM: up to 384kHz/32bit
- DSD: up to DSD256
- Display screen: 1.30-inch IPS (240'240) bezel-less screen
- Output power:
- SE: 160mW (320, THD+N-c 1%)
- BAL: 320mW (320 THD+N. -1%)
- SE: ≧118dB (A-weighted)
- BAL: ≧115dB (A-weighted)
- SE: <3uV (A-weighted)
- BAL:<5.5uV (A-weighted)
- SE: <0.00055% (1kHz/-6dB@320)
- BAL: <0.00048% (1kHz/-2dB@320)
- SE: ≧75dB
- BAL: ≧107dB
- Audio plug: 3.5mm PO + 4.4mm BAL
- Battery life:
- BAL:≧8h (AAC)
- Charging time:
- Wired: ≦1.5h
- Wireless: ≦3h
- Dimensions: About 39.6x83.6x14.2mm
Two ES9219 DAC + amplifier integrated chips manufactured by ESS Technology are installed in independent left and right configurations. It combines low noise and distortion with high output power.
For Bluetooth, a Qualcomm SoC "QCC5124" is mounted, supporting codecs such as LDAC, aptX HD, and aptX Adaptive.
The XMOS USB audio controller supports MQA decoding as a USB DAC, as well as a wide range of sampling rates and lossless audio formats, including PCM up to 384kHz/32bit, DSD256, FLAC, ALAC, AIFF, and WAV The amplifier section features an ultra-low distortion & low noise amplifier.
The amplifier uses THX AAA amplifier circuitry for ultra-low distortion and ultra-low noise, and has a 3.5mm single-ended headphone output as well as a 4.4mm 5-pole balanced headphone output.
The main unit is also equipped with a color 1.3-inch, 240 x 240 dot IPS LCD panel. The user can check the operating status of the device, including the codec currently playing.
The FiiO Control app allows for more detailed settings.
Price & Availability
The FiiO BTR7 is available for pre-order now for $239 at HiFiGO and other retailers.