- Recommended for people like this
- Overview of Behringer HPX2000
- Build quality
- Sound quality
- General comment
- Purchase link
- This review is written based on a "private purchase" or "product rented for a price".
- No remuneration or compensation, such as a manuscript fee, has been received for publishing this, and it is an honest evaluation based on measurement data from personal testing and personal opinion.
Recommended for people like this
- People looking for practical DJ monitors that are affordable and easy to use out of the club or performance practice.
- People who want to enjoy commentary and lecture videos
- People who want to concentrate on listening to guitar and snare
- People who focus on hearing vocals and narration
- People looking for affordable headphones for practicing their instruments
Overview of Behringer HPX2000
- Total Score: 8.3 / 10.0
- Package: 7.5 / 10.0
- Build quality: 8.5 / 10.0
- Fitment: 8.5 / 10.0
- High range: 7.0 / 10.0
- Mid range: 10.0 / 10.0
- Low range: 6.0 / 10.0
- Less distortion: 8.0 / 10.0
- Want to see the score ranking? Click here!
- Frequency response: 20Hz to 20kHz
- Impedance: 64Ω
- Sensitivity: 110dB/mW
The packaging is simple for a commercial product. It is made of paper, eco-friendly, and easy to dispose of.
There is no shortage of accessories. The package includes the following:
- Behringer HPX2000
- 3.5mm to 6.35mm adapter
Build quality is above standard for the price. It is very lightweight and has a cool design. It can also be folded.
The earmuffs are reasonably thick and quite comfortable to wear.
The Behringer HPX2000 has a flat sound, leaning toward the midrange, which sounds midrange-centric. The midrange is very neutral, so vocals sound clean, but the soundstage is narrow. The sound is not very open, even though it is open.
The following review was tested with a FiiO M15.
Please see here for detailed reviews on sound quality.
Sound quality general comment
The Behringer HPX2000 is an excellent headphones for DJ performers to use on site. They are practical headphones that faithfully transmit the atmosphere of a hot venue while accurately emphasizing and transmitting the central midrange so that the music is not buried in it.
In everyday music listening situations, they may be suitable for those who want to focus especially on the vocal area, or for those who want to enjoy chamber music or small JAZZ in a compact space, but in general, they are hard to recommend.
Sound quality features
- Near-perfect texture representation
- Excellent focus on midrange
- Vocal focus
- Too less low frequency
- Noisy midrange
- Vocals tend to sound shouty
- Hard, inorganic sound
- Poor sense of separation
- Lacks high frequency extension
- Some songs sound tinny and gruff, which is unpleasant
- Easy to get tired of listening
The Behringer HPX2000 is a highly practical DJ monitor headphones optimized for DJ performers to hear what they need to hear while becoming one with the frenzy around them in the field. They are not really suited for music appreciation, but their very good midrange texture expression is surprisingly good for their low price.