- Recommended for people like this
- Overview of CCA CRA
- Build quality
- Sound quality
- General comment
- Purchase link
- This review is based on a sample provided by CCA to convey a sincere quality review to our readers.
- No remuneration or compensation, such as a manuscript fee, has been received for publishing this, and it is an honest evaluation based on measurement data from personal testing and personal opinion.
Recommended for people like this
- People who like a well-balanced sound
- People who like a sparkling sound
- People who like a fun and dynamic sound
- People who want earphones with excellent cost performance
Overview of CCA CRA
- Total Score: 9.1 / 10.0
- Package: 7.5 / 10.0
- Build quality: 8.0 / 10.0
- Fitment: 8.5 / 10.0
- High range: 9.0 / 10.0
- Mid range: 8.5 / 10.0
- Low range: 9.5 / 10.0
- Less distortion: 9.5 / 10.0
- Cost performance bonus: 12.5 / 10.0
- Want to see the score ranking? Click here!
- Frequency response: 20Hz to 40kHz
- Impedance: 34Ω
- Sensitivity: 105dB/mW
- Cable connector: 0.75mm 2pin
The package meets the price standard.
The accessories are relatively complete. There are enough eartips.
- CCA CRA
The build quality of the exterior is above the standard of the price range.
The fit is quite good.
REW Frequency Response
Sound quality description
In this review, I use the standard earphone (black shaft) size L and drive it with the FiiO M15.
The CCA CRA has a neutral-conscious V-shaped sound that emphasizes and extends the highs and lows of the KZ ZEX Pro. Depth is emphasized in the midrange over the KZ ZEX Pro, and detail and air are improved. The bass is also fatter and more powerful, and the soundstage is slightly wider and more enjoyable, while the midrange has deteriorated in clarity. Resolution is about the same, and has a similar tendency to the KZ ZEX Pro, which tends to have higher THD in the midrange, but at slightly lower than proper volume, distortion is lower than the ZEX Pro.
Also, the strong peak at 8 kHz, which was the biggest problem with the ZEX Pro, has not disappeared, but the sharpness of the peak has changed and is much improved.
Please see here for detailed reviews on sound quality.
Sound quality general comment
The CCA CRA is, broadly speaking, an improved ZEX Pro. It offers comparable resolution and THD, as well as improved range and listening comfort, despite being significantly cheaper than the ZEX Pro.
Unfortunately, it is not fully upwardly compatible with the ZEX Pro, as midrange clarity and resolution have regressed from the ZEX Pro. Therefore, it is difficult for the audiophile who is generally particular about the midrange to choose between the ZEX Pro and the CRA, but at least if you take the natural overtone expression needed for full orchestra viewing, the CRA will offer more advantages.
Sound quality features
- Pretty good texture
- High fidelity of the original sound
- Good balance
- Excellent dynamism
- Sound field with a sense of depth
- Slightly harsh grinding sound
- Prone to distortion in the midrange
- Thin, dark, and dry sounding midrange
- Metallic sounding
The CCA CRA is a model that inherits the basic concept of the ZEX Pro, but with a different driver configuration to provide a nearly upward compatible sound at a lower price. The overall impression is much improved, and I would personally recommend buying this over the ZEX Pro. However, you may need to consider that only the midrange is slightly degraded.