- Recommended for people like this
- Overview of CCA HM20
- Features of CCA HM20
- Precision structure for extraordinary performance: Powerful configuration with 16 units hybrid driver
- Multiple BA combination rectangle design
- The 3rd generation "XUN" driver, a high-performance innovative "XUN-7" dynamic: Clean & smooth timbre Unprecedented & shocking soundstage
- 3D Printed Sound Duct Structure
- High-end military grade zinc alloy faceplate: Unique Design into Mosaic Crafts
- A tribute to classical tuning with innovation: CCA professional acoustics team tune it meticulously Stereo surround HiFi Audio
- Ergonomic design, comfortable to wear
- Better performance with better cable: Pure si ver-plated cable Lower distortion
- Build quality
- Sound quality
- Sound quality features
- General comment
- Purchase link
- This review is based on "private purchases" or "items rented for a consideration".
- No remuneration or compensation, such as a manuscript fee, has been received for publishing this, and it is an honest evaluation based on measurement data from personal testing and personal opinion.
Recommended for people like this
- People who like dark sounds
- People who value original sound fidelity
- People who value sound image consistency
- People who want to listen to heavy low-frequency sounds
Overview of CCA HM20
- Total Score: 8.5 / 10.0
- Package: 7.5 / 10.0
- Build quality: 8.5 / 10.0
- Fitment: 8.5 / 10.0
- High range: 9.0 / 10.0
- Mid range: 9.5 / 10.0
- Low range: 9.5 / 10.0
- Less distortion: 7.0 / 10.0
- Want to see the score ranking? Click here!
- Frequency response: 20Hz to 40kHz
- Impedance: 22Ω
- Sensitivity: 105±3dB
- Connector: 0.75㎜ 2pin
Features of CCA HM20
- CCA Flagship 16 Driver units Hybrid IEM with "XUN-7" Dynamic
- Start the new hearing experience era & redefine of wide soundstage
- 3rd generation innovative "XUN-7" dynamic driver
- 50024s multiple BA combination *3 30019s BA *1
- 3D Printed Sound Duct Structure
- High-end military grade zinc alloy faceplate
- Professional acoustics
- Ergonomic design for sound siganarture tuing comfortable better wearing
Precision structure for extraordinary performance: Powerful configuration with 16 units hybrid driver
Using 50024sX3 & 30019sX1 ,and with independently R&D high-performance innovation "XUN-7"dynamic driver, to achieve the clear BASS & rich details for treble.
Multiple BA combination rectangle design
Multiple Hybrid Driver for better tuing signature Equiped with 7 BA drivers each side, along with an innovative "XUN-7" dynamic driver for handling the bass section, 3 pcs 50024s BA combination work for the Mid-range frequcncy, and the 30019s BA for handling the treble & upper treble section. All drivers work together flawlessly to a hieve perfer clear & powerful bass, natural vocals, and smooth treble extension.
The 3rd generation "XUN" driver, a high-performance innovative "XUN-7" dynamic: Clean & smooth timbre Unprecedented & shocking soundstage
- The innovative "XUN-7" dynamic driver use more stronger magnetic high performance diaphragm, so as the magnetic flux conversion of XUN-7 pure innovation technology is better than that of traditional size dynamic driver.
- Compare to the trational standard dynamic magnet gap around 0.32mm, the "XUN-7" dynamic driver be used to HM20 whose magnet gap is only 0.15mm, which brings great effect to improve the distortion.
- Continuing the advantages of XUN series driver, XUN-7 still use the dual magnet and dual cavity design, which brings you the shocking soundstage.
- The 5-micron diaphragm thickness makes the sound details to be more perfect.
3D Printed Sound Duct Structure
CCA HM20 inside earpiece shells are design in a 3D printed sound duct structure design, which use the 4th generation DLP high precision device to ensure the better precision.The physical band-pass and low-pass filtering of the sound duct structure relying on 3D printing to form a hybrid three-frequency structure, which is divided by the RC power frequency division. The physical band-pass filtering which handles the lower and mid frequencies, while low-pass filtering limits the Q value of mid-high frequencies. Inside the earpieces shells are designed into a 3D printed sound duct structure, which makes the coil movement smooth and ensurethere is no distortion in the sound output.
High-end military grade zinc alloy faceplate: Unique Design into Mosaic Crafts
HM20 is made of high-precision metal die-casting process. It is well polished from the metal shell, and has undergone as many as 27 complex processes such as polishing, sandblasting and electroplating. Finally, it presents a dazzling appearance, comparable to luxury jewelry, and its hardness is comparable to military industry, strong and durable.
A tribute to classical tuning with innovation: CCA professional acoustics team tune it meticulously Stereo surround HiFi Audio
HM20 sounds signature feature as the wide soundstage and rich of details, with the powerful bass but clear enough,natural vocals, and smooth treble extension for more sound details.
Ergonomic design, comfortable to wear
Wearing around the ear is close to the ear socket, not easy to fall off Provide 3 pairs different size eartips for demands from different individuals.
Better performance with better cable: Pure si ver-plated cable Lower distortion
The silver-plated layer enhances the resolution and reduces the loss during signal transmission. The new cable design effectively resist tangling and knotting.
The packaging meets the standard for its price range. However, the outer box design, for example, is the usual KZ and cheap.
- CCA HM20
Build quality meets the price standard.
The fit is good.
REW Frequency Response
Sound quality description
In this review, I use the standard eartips size L and drive it with the FiiO M15.
CCA HM20 has a near-neutral U-shaped sound signature.
Please see here for detailed reviews on sound quality.
Lows / Bass
The low frequencies of the CCA HM20 extend quite deep.
The bass drum has plenty of heft, and the rumble is quite solid. There is a slight richness and expansion that sounds slightly bouncy.
The electric bass is also sufficiently black and extended.
The sightlines are not bad, but there is some swelling in the mids and lows. It should generally satisfy bass lovers.
The midrange of the CCA HM20 is almost completely neutral, but slightly concave in the center.
Texture is fairly accurate, but the midrange sounds a bit darker in position. The glossiness is a bit stronger, with a slight emphasis from the upper midrange to the mid-highs.
Vocals have a darker, yet slightly upper and flirtatious tone, sounding a bit husky, and consonants are a bit more pronounced and crisp.
The midrange, which has a lot of distortion to the detriment of the hybrid model, is a little less clearly separated from the background, and the resolution is a little lower, so the sense of depth is not as good as it could be.
Highs / Treble
Despite the fact that it also has 7BAs, the high frequencies are tuned for fairly smooth attenuation. Extension is also of a good standard.
The sense of definition is adequate and there is little shortage of detail, but subtlety is a bit lacking. Because of this, cymbal crashes are a bit grainy, but the spread is not bad, and they feel reasonably exhilarating. It is a little more subdued than I prefer, but given the balance with the darkness of the midrange, it is probably better to have this level of calmness.
The violins and woodwinds are smoothly connected with overtones, and the sound image consistency is rather excellent.
Sound quality general comment
The fact that the CCA HM20 has a fairly consistent sound despite its later generation of 1DD + 7BA indicates that CCA (KZ) has greatly improved its tuning technology in recent years.
However, since many recent KZ products are of higher quality, we do not feel the need to actively choose the HM20, which tends to lack resolution and transparency. Although a simple comparison cannot be made because of the different sound tendencies, the KZ ZAR seems to be a little better overall than its sibling.
Sound quality features
- Superior original sound fidelity
- Accurate texture
- Speaker-like forward localization
- Excellent sound image consistency
- Heavy low frequency range
- Not bad high-frequency extension
- Slightly lacking in transparency
- Lacks resolution
- Dark and subdued midrange
The CCA HM20 is IEMs with a fairly complex driver configuration of 1DD+7BA hybrid, but with a fairly smooth sound image consistency. Given its high distortion and low resolution, it is not a superior model in its price range, but its sound balance is relatively well balanced, making it a safe choice.