- Recommended for people like this
- Overview of Moondrop Stellaris
- Features of Moondrop Sterallis
- Build quality
- Sound quality
- General comment
- Purchase link
- This review is based on a sample provided by Linsoul to convey a sincere quality review to our readers.
- No remuneration or compensation, such as a manuscript fee, has been received for publishing this, and it is an honest evaluation based on measurement data from personal testing and personal opinion.
Recommended for people like this
- People who like sparkling sound
- People who focus on high frequency range
- People who value clarity
- People who value appearance
- People who value cost performance
- Moondrop fan
Overview of Moondrop Stellaris
- Total Score: 9.2 / 10.0
- Package: 8.5 / 10.0
- Build quality: 9.5 / 10.0
- Fitment: 8.5 / 10.0
- High range: 9.5 / 10.0
- Mid range: 8.5 / 10.0
- Low range: 9.0 / 10.0
- Less distortion: 9.0 / 10.0
- Cost Performance Bonus: 11.0/10.0
- Want to see the score ranking? Click here!
- Frequency response: 10Hz to 50kHz
- Impedance: 36Ω
- Sensitivity: 117dB/Vrms
- Connector: 0.78mm 2pin
Features of Moondrop Sterallis
- Newly developed 14.5mm planar magnetic driver
- High-precision miniature-grade magnetic array
- Sub-nanometer diaphragm
- Exquisite iridescent shell design
- Premium Softears Ultra Clear eartips
- High quality Mis-Tip foam eartips
- Professional tuning in accordance with VDSF Target Response
- Ergonomic and comfortable fit
Latest model of popular brand "Moondrop"
Moondrop Stellaris is a high performance planar magnetic driver IEM with 14.5mm planar magnetic drivers in a beautiful iridescent ear shell. compliant with VDSF target response and delivering powerful sound performance. moondrop Experience the unparalleled performance of Stellaris, which delivers high resolution transparency with extremely low harmonic distortion of the output signal.
Professionally Tuned Planar Magnetic Driver Configuration
Moondrop Stellaris features a powerful 14.5mm planar-magnetic driver. Planar drivers are known for their special timbre and impressive performance due to ultra-low distortion of the output signal. Moondrop and Tuoyin Electronics worked closely together to design a new 14.5mm planar driver with an ultra-thin diaphragm coil. mm planar driver with an ultra-thin diaphragm coil.
Packaging meets price range standards. Made of paper and easy to dispose of.
- Moondrop Sterallis
- Carrying case
- Manuals, etc
Build quality meets price standard. It is quite beautifully sculpted.
The fit is good.
REW Frequency Response
Sound quality description
In this review, I use the standard eartips size L and drive it with the FiiO M15.
Moondrop Stellaris has a sound signature of a full midrange system with an emphasis on upper midrange and mid-high frequencies with a diffuse sound field neutral target.
Please see here for detailed reviews on sound quality.
Sound quality general comment
With excellent audio specifications and good overall original fidelity, Moondrop Stellaris is certainly an excellent choice in its price range. However, if you are expecting the smooth, carefully played midrange sound of Moondrop's traditional VDSF-targeted models, you may be disappointed by the sound of Stellaris, which is much more sparkly and, as its name implies, more like a cluster of stars.
The first competitor to Stellaris is the LETSHUOER S12, which exists in the same price range. the S12 has a more authentic neutral sound than the Stellarias, with more resolution and dominates in overall sound performance. the Sterallis is The S12 wins in almost every respect, except that it is cleaner, more shimmering, and more original-fidelity.
At a slightly higher price point exists the RAPTGO HOOK-X, which offers more authentic studio tuning than the Stellaris, and perhaps the HOOK-X is a better all-rounder and smoother sounding than the Stellaris, making it suitable for everyone.
Stellaris belongs to a sound that is somewhat of an outlier even for traditional Moondrop fans. Fans who prefer the traditional Moondrop sound are better off with the Moondrop KATO, which offers superior performance at about the same price point and embodies one of the perfections of the traditional Moondrop sound at this stage of its development.
Sound quality features
- Flashy, shimmering high frequencies
- Excellent original sound fidelity
- Good sound balance
- Good texture
- Good localization
- Excellent damping characteristics
- Excellent phase consistency
- Low distortion
- Sufficiently extended highs
- Not VDSF target neutral
- Highs too prominent
- Midrange could be more built up
- Low range lacking in depth and volume
The Moondrop Stellaris is an excellent cost-performance model that combines excellent audio specifications and well-balanced sound typical of Moondrop. However, its sound has a strong sense of shimmer, and its midrange texture reproduction falls short of that of its rivals, making it not a model that I can recommend highly.