Moondrop NEKOCAKE has been a successful set of TWS earphones from the brand. It was actually their very-first consumer-grade TWS. A few weeks back, Moondrop released a special edition NEKOCAKE as a collaboration between Moondrop and the “Ash Arms” team.
Today, Moondrop announces its latest upgrade to the famous NEKOCAKE, meet the all-new Moondrop NEKOCAKE KURONEKO. The primary upgrade with this latest TWS from Moondrop is the implementation of an upgraded Bluetooth chipset and a new color option. Now the NEKOCAKE KURONEKO supports the latest Bluetooth V5.2 connectivity and offers a clean performance with reduced background noise. The pair is now available in two different color options, White and Black.
There’s no difference in the price of this new latest NEKOCAKE KURONEKO in comparison to the OG model, it is announced officially for 42.99$, you can check out more details here.
- Upgraded Bluetooth chip
- Latest Bluetooth V5.2 connectivity
- Single and Binaural Toggle switch
- Touch sensitive operation
- MITSUKIYUKI Voice commands
- Specially Optimised 13mm Dynamic Driver
- Five Tuning Presets(One button switching)
- Customise Touch Operations
- Push-Button Reset
- ANC Digital Active Noise Cancellation
- Intelligent-Call Noise-Cancelling
- Moondrop Link Application Support
- Based on Moondrop VDSF Target Response
- Bluetooth Version: V5.2
- Supported Transmission Codecs: A2DP/AVRCP/HFP/HSP/SBC/AAC
- Impedance: 32Ω±15%
- Transmission distance: 10m
- Battery Capacity: 37mAh
- Charging Case Battery Capacity: 380mAh
- Battery Life: Approx 4 hours
- Battery Life with Charging Case: Approx 12 Hours
Upgraded Performance With Upgraded Bluetooth Chip
The main performance of any Bluetooth device immensely depends on the Bluetooth chip used in the device. In the original Moondrop NEKOCAKE, Moondrop has implemented a domestic SoC chip that provided it with Bluetooth V5.0 connectivity. With the latest launched NEKOCAKE KURONEKO, Moondrop implements an upgraded Bluetooth chipset that brings the latest Bluetooth V5.2 wireless connectivity to the pair. It is faster, more stable, and more reliable in terms of its connection to the source device.
Sweet Commands With MITSUKIYUKI’s Voice
All the commands on the NEKOCAKE KURONEKO like connected, pairing, etc have now been recorded in the sweet voice of MITSUKIYUKI. Moondrop featured the same on the special edition NEKOCAKE that was launched a few weeks back.
Now Available In Black As Well
Moondrop NEKOCAKE KURONEKO is now available in black color too. Originally the pair was launched only in the White color option but now it is available in a rich black color too.
Powerful Performance With 13mm Large DD Unit
Moondrop NEKOCAKE KURONEKO is equipped with a 13mm large dynamic driver unit. The driver uses a lightweight titanium dome and it is specially adjusted to deliver high-quality audio performance with the pair.
Professional Tuning With Moondrop VDSF Target Response
Moondrop NEKOCAKE KURONEKO has been tuned by professional acoustic engineers to match the VDSF target response set by Moondrop. This tuning curve enables the pair to have a natural sound with a spacious soundstage and very good clarity throughout a wide frequency response range.
Digital ANC Technology
Moondrop NEKOCAKE KURONEKO features digital ANC(Active Noise-Cancelling Technology). In this tech, a feedforward microphone picks up the environmental noises and filters them based on multiple processes. This makes the NEKOCAKE a pretty solid performance at a pocket-friendly price!! Users can toggle the ANC on or off by long-press on the pair.
Digital Tuning Presets & Touch-Sensitive Controls
Moondrop has tuned the NEKOCAKE KURONEKO following their own VDSF target response. The pair has got five tunings presets to match the requirements of different people. Users can easily switch between these presets by using the touch-sensitive controls on the pair.
Pricing & Availability
- CCA CRA+: A popular model that has evolved further
- QCY T17: Emphasis is placed on the sound field, and the sound is extended, fresh, high-resolution, and high-definition. However, the midrange is thin.
- Moondrop CHU: Latest Entry-Level IEMs With Single Dynamic Driver
- KZ EDA Green: High resolution and high definition. Excellent monitor earphones