Shanling has released its latest portable headphone amplifier, the Shanling UA3.
- Brand new AKM AK4493SEQ DAC Chipset & Dual Ricore RT6963 Amplification chip
- High Compatibility
- 3.5mm Single-ended & 4.4mm Balanced Outputs
- Extra Low Noise
- Tiny Footprint, Huge Power
- Input: 1x USB-C
- Outputs: 1x Single-ended Jack 3.5mm / 1x Balanced Jack 4.4mm
- DAC Chip: AKM AK4493SEQ DAC
- Amplification chip: Dual Ricore RT6963
- Output power: Up to 211mW @ 32 Ohm
- Supported sampling rates: PCM up to 32bit 768kHz / DSD up to DSD512
- OS Compatibility: Android / Windows / Mac / iOS
- UAC Support: UAC 2.0 / UAC 1.0
Brand new AKM AK4493SEQ DAC Chipset & Dual Ricore RT6963 Amplification chip
For many years, AKM DACs were the core part of Shanling’s audio designs, as they played a crucial role in delivering our house sound to all our fans. But following the fire at AKM’s factory in 2020, we had to look for alternative solutions, being unsure about the AKM’s future. It affected most of our releases in 2021, but we managed to transition successfully, keeping the strict Hi-Fi standards we have been building up for past 34 years. In early 2022, AKM relaunched their line of DACs and we immediately started working on new designs, diving into the possibilities of this updated generation of DACs. UA3 is first of these designs, utilizing a freshly released AK4493SEQ DAC, for the first time bringing the sound of AKM into our UA line of portable DAC/AMPs. Shanling UA3 features a premium dual DAC chipset housing brand new AKM AK4493SEQ DAC chips and two dedicated Ricore RT6963 amplification chip. It is offering quality high-resolution signal decoding with ultra-low distortion and high SNR ratings. Users get to experience a transparent and clean sound performance with the Shanling UA3. Hi-Res support up to 32bit / 768khz and DSD512.
Compatible with Android, Windows, Mac and iOS. Special lightning cable needed for use with iOS. UAC2.0 and UAC1.0 mode compatible, for use with a Nintendo Switch and other gaming systems or older devices.
3.5mm Single-ended & 4.4mm Balanced Outputs
UA3 builds upon the popular UA2, but takes over some features from the UA5. Balanced output is now using a more robust 4.4mm connector, we added hardware buttons for volume or playback control and the power output was improved to match the UA5. Doesn’t matter whether you need a balanced 4.4mm connection or a single-ended 3.5mm headphone output port, Shanling has equipped the UA3 with them. Pair your headphones or earphones with your choice of termination option. UA3 has a rated output power rating of Up to 211mW @ 32 Ohm output power, more than enough to power your headphones with ease.
Extra Low Noise
By using a Low-dropout regulator, we managed to control overall levels of a background noise, keeping the sound clear and without any unwanted noise or hiss. ideal for even the most sensitive earphones.
Tiny Footprint, Huge Power
What good is a portable music player if it can’t fit in your pocket? The Shanling UA3 is designed so you can take it anywhere and everywhere! It can fit in any pocket, and you won’t ever have to think twice about its size.
Price & Availability
Shanling UA3 is now available at Linsoul and others for $109.
- YANYIN MOONLIGHT EST: 2EST + 4BA + 1 Dynamic Driver Hybrid IEM
- QCY T17: Emphasis is placed on the sound field, and the sound is extended, fresh, high-resolution, and high-definition. However, the midrange is thin.
- Moondrop CHU: Latest Entry-Level IEMs With Single Dynamic Driver
- Yu9 U-556: Excellent Etymotic clone that overcomes the weaknesses of the ER4B and offers a more natural texture