- Recommended for people like this
- Overview of EKSA Air Joy Plus (E3 Plus)
- Build quality
- Sound quality
- General comment
- Purchase link
- This review is based on samples provided by EKSA in order to give the reader an honest quality review.
- No remuneration or compensation, such as a manuscript fee, has been received for publishing this, and it is an honest evaluation based on measurement data from personal testing and personal opinion.
Recommended for people like this
- People looking for a FPS oriented gaming headset
- Especially for those who want to monitor left and right localization precisely.
Overview of EKSA Air Joy Plus (E3 Plus)
- Total Score: 7.7 / 10.0
- Package: 8.0 / 10.0
- Build quality: 8.0 / 10.0
- Fitment: 8.5 / 10.0
- High range: 8.5 / 10.0
- Mid range: 8.5 / 10.0
- Low range: 6.0 / 10.0
- Less distortion: 6.5 / 10.0
- Want to see the score ranking? Click here!
- Frequency response: 20Hz to 20kHz
- Impedance: 32Ω
- Sensitivity: 92dB/mW
Package meets price standard.
- EKSA Air Joy Plus (E3 Plus)
- USB type-C to Type-A conversion cable
- Microphone head cover
- Carrying pouch
It is quite lightweight. The headband is also flexible. Please watch the opening video above to see the excellent elasticity of the headband.
It is lightweight and the fit is not bad.
The following review was tested with a FiiO M15. This model supports output from the USB Type-C port on the FiiO M15.
The EKSA Air Joy Plus has a deformed V-shaped tuning that concentrates sound in the midrange with a slight emphasis on depth, as is typical of gaming headsets, with an emphasis on left-right localization. It has been adjusted to distribute the localization to the left and right ears so that the left and right directional senses become quite clear, enabling highly accurate directional recognition in FPS and other applications.
Please see here for detailed reviews on sound quality.
Sound quality general comment
The EKSA Air Joy Plus is not a good headphone for listening to music, but it is an excellent low-cost FPS headset.
The headphones are tuned to emphasize horizontal orientation with localization distributed to both ears to make left and right localization particularly easy to grasp, providing the perfect environment for those who value a sense of left and right orientation at a reasonable price.
Sound quality features
- Left-right oriented localization
- High fidelity to original sound
- Bright and clear
- Excellent sense of detail
- Excellent FPS/TPS affinity
- Vertical localization is weak.
- Horizontal center is diluted compared to left and right
- Insufficient resolution
- Insufficient clarity
- Cheesy sound
- Not suitable for music appreciation
The EKSA AirJoy Plus is a low-cost USB gaming headset for FPS with an emphasis on left/right localization. It provides a powerful effect at a low price when playing first- or third-person games where a sense of left and right orientation is particularly important. Other uses include when you want to monitor left and right parts separately in music, so it may be useful in specific situations such as music production, musical instruments, or vocal practice. However, it is not suitable for general music appreciation.