- Recommended for people like this
- Overview of Edifier G4S
- Build quality
- Connection quality
- Sound quality
- General comment
- Purchase link
- This review is based on samples provided by Edifier in order to give the reader an honest quality review.
- No remuneration or compensation, such as a manuscript fee, has been received for publishing this, and it is an honest evaluation based on measurement data from personal testing and personal opinion.
Recommended for people like this
- People looking for a low latency wireless gaming headset
- People looking for a gaming headset that can be used with a variety of devices
- People who focus on battery performance
- People who value communication quality
Overview of Edifier G4S
- Total Score: 8.2 / 10.0
- Package: 8.0 / 10.0
- Build quality: 8.5 / 10.0
- Fitment: 8.5 / 10.0
- High range: 8.5 / 10.0
- Mid range: 8.0 / 10.0
- Low range: 7.5 / 10.0
- Less distortion: 7.0 / 10.0
- Communication quality: 9.5/10.0
- Want to see the score ranking? Click here!
- Continuous playback time: 46 hours
- Waterproof performance: None
- Supported codecs: Proprietary dongle / SBC
- Dual-mode connection & 15ms ultra-low latency: Edifier-HECATE's first dual-mode wireless gaming headset [G4S] is now available! Bluetooth 5.2 or 2.4Ghz wireless connection ensures more stable connection and longer transmission distance with latency not exceeding 15ms. The Bluetooth 5.2 or 2.4Ghz wireless connection provides a more stable connection and longer transmission distance with latency not exceeding 15ms. The Bluetooth 5.2 or 2.4Ghz wireless connection provides a more stable connection and longer transmission distance with latency not exceeding 15ms.
- Clear Voice Calls: Equipped with a detachable 6mm large-diameter noise-canceling microphone for better voice separation and more faithful reproduction of voices. The microphone is also angle-adjustable.
The G4S is designed to provide a high-fidelity reproduction of low and high frequency sounds, as well as the impact of shaking sounds.
- Long-life battery: A battery life of 46 hours allows you to play games, talk with friends, or listen to music all day long without having to interrupt your game to recharge the battery.
- Ultra Lightweight Design & Soft Headband: Comfortable low rebound ear cushions and adjustable headband reduce pressure on the head, and the 270g is light and comfortable, making it suitable for long hours of gaming.
- Multi-device support: With dual-mode wireless technology, the G4S wireless headset can be easily switched to different devices such as PC, cell phone, PS4/PS5, Switch, etc. *Does not support XBOX devices.
The package meets the price standard.
- Edifier G4S
- Type-C USB cable
- Dedicated dongle
- Optional microphone
Build quality meets price standard.
The fit is good. The earpad portion is soft and comfortable against the ear, but may be slightly stuffy in the summer.
I tested it by connecting it to a Cayin N6II/E02 with SBC.
I don't know because I haven't been in crowds, but it is stable in the home. Distance tolerance is excellent, and the connection is seamless and intact even at a distance of about 5 meters. Music is not interrupted even when interrupted by obstructions.
There may be a small amount of background noise, but most people probably won't notice it.
Sound quality description
This review will be done by connecting to the FiiO M15 via SBC in classic mode.
Edifier G4S has a V-shaped sound signature. It emphasizes a considerable sense of depth in the midrange.
Please see here for detailed reviews on sound quality.
Lows / Bass
The Edifier G4S's low frequency range is emphasized by its weight and thickness, making it sound powerful.
The G4's low frequency range is hot, and the drums sound heavy, powerful, and impactful, but lacking in depth.
The electric bass also sounds hotter, but it sounds less tight and muddy.
There seems to be a bit too much standing wave, which gives the impression of a somewhat poor perspective. There is also a lot of distortion, so this low frequency range is not of good quality.
The midrange is quite backward leaning and staging-enhanced, with a sense of depth; it is tuned like a beyerdynamic listening model.
The music is not buried in the music, as the definition is quite high, although the overall ambience sounds more resonant due to the raised low-mid.
It is interesting to get a pseudo-surround feeling as if you are wearing a sound helmet and feel the emphasis on three-dimensionality, but when listening to classical music, it sounds as if the strings of a violin are bent and warped, so it is not suitable for listening to music. It is like listening to music in a karaoke room. On the other hand, the left and right sides are quite clear.
Highs / Treble
The G4S's highs are slightly more detailed and balanced with a delicate, luminous quality.
Extension is good, and the sound is relatively clean and free of stagnation. Thanks to a solid sense of definition, the sound is surprisingly pleasing to the ear.
Localization is easily discernible left and right, and depth is overemphasized.
Sound quality general comment
The Edifier G4S is a gaming headset that makes it easy to localize the left and right sides of the sound and enhances the immersive experience of FPS games with its depth sound field. You will be able to play games with a pseudo-surround sound feeling as if you were in your personal game booth.
However, we generally do not recommend these headphones so much for listening to music. However, they are surprisingly useful for applications where you want a relaxing experience where your head is enveloped by music.
Sound quality features
- Good high-frequency extension
- Not bad original sound fidelity
- Excellent sense of detail
- Strong low frequency range
- Sound field with a sense of depth
- Easy left/right localization
- Relaxed listening comfort
- Rich resonance
- Lacking in textural accuracy
- Tends to be a bit fuzzy overall
- Lacks low-frequency depth
- Depth is overemphasized
Edifier G4S is a wireless gaming headset with multi-device support and low latency. It has high communication quality, a good wearing comfort, and a sound with depth that does not tire even after long hours of gaming.
- CCA CRA+: A popular model that has evolved further
- QCY T17: Emphasis is placed on the sound field, and the sound is extended, fresh, high-resolution, and high-definition. However, the midrange is thin.
- Moondrop CHU: Latest Entry-Level IEMs With Single Dynamic Driver
- KZ EDA Green: High resolution and high definition. Excellent monitor earphones