- Recommended for people like this
- Overview of beyerdynamic T5p 2nd Generation
- Build quality
- Sound quality
- Sound quality features
- General comment
- Purchase link
- This review is written based on a "private purchase" or "product rented for a price".
- No remuneration or compensation, such as a manuscript fee, has been received for publishing this, and it is an honest evaluation based on measurement data from personal testing and personal opinion.
Recommended for people like this
- People who like bright sound
- People who are looking for headphones with sound that does not cause listening fatigue
- People who value wearing comfort
Overview of beyerdynamic T5p 2nd Generation
- Total Score: 7.4 / 10.0
- Package: 8.0 / 10.0
- Build quality: 8.0 / 10.0
- Fitment: 8.5 / 10.0
- High range: 7.0 / 10.0
- Mid range: 7.0 / 10.0
- Low range: 5.0 / 10.0
- Less distortion: 8.0 / 10.0
- Want to see the score ranking? Click here!
- Frequency response: 5Hz to 50kHz
- Impedance: 30Ω
- Sensitivity: 102dB/mW
The T5p 2nd Generation is the flagship beyerdynamic sealed headphone that delivers superior spatial expression. The T5p 2nd Generation features Tesla Technology, which has evolved into the 2nd generation, for a solid and well-balanced sound quality. The low impedance design allows users to enjoy the Tesla sound even with low-power devices such as smartphones without hesitation.
- Premium headphones with high-resolution support
- Advanced Tesla technology delivers clear and wide-ranging spatial expression
- Dedicated detachable cable with high-purity oxygen-free 7N OCC wire
- High-quality synthetic leather ear cushions for long-lasting listening comfort
- Handmade in Germany at a highly skilled factory
- Comes with a lightweight semi-hard case for easy transportation
Package meets price standard.
- ONKYO A800
Build quality meets the price level.
The fit is comfortable.
The following review was tested with a FiiO M15.
beyerdynamic T5p has a sound signature of a full midrange.
Please see here for detailed reviews on sound quality.
Sound quality general comment
The T5p may not be a bad choice for those who like a scuzzy, fluffy sound, but for many, it is not at all worth paying $1000 to get.
It is likely that you will still be more satisfied if you buy a T5 3rd.
Sound quality features
- Bright and cheerful
- Proper focus on the midrange
- Pleasant to the ear and comfortable to listen to
- Transparent midrange
- Unnatural texture
- Poor localization reproduction
- Scanty low frequency range
- Poorly contoured, fluffy sound
- Low fidelity of original sound
- Poor sharpness
The beyerdynamic T5p headphones are comfortable to wear and provide a clean midrange with a sound balance that does not tire the ear even after long periods of listening. However, the overall sound balance is not good, and the overall audio specs are mediocre or below average for the price range, with poor range, difficult to localize, and a less-than-accurate texture in the crucial midrange.